Apostolic Vicariate of Gambella
The Apostolic Vicariate of Gambella (Latin: Vicariatus Apostolicus Gambellensis) (formerly the Apostolic Prefecture of Gambella) is a Roman Catholic missionary pre-diocesan jurisdiction (known as an apostolic vicariate) in the western part of Ethiopia.
It is exempt, i.e. immediately dependent upon the Holy See (notably the Roman Congregation for the Evangelization of Peoples), not part of any ecclesiastical province (such as the Metropolitan archbishopric of Addis Abbeba).
On 16 November 2000 it was established as Apostolic prefecture of Gambella, on territory split-off from the Apostolic Prefecture of Jimma–Bonga, the only other one in Ethiopia observing the Roman rite (like all five Apostolic vicariates in the predominantly Coptic country).
(Roman Rite, so far missionary members of a Latin congregation)
- Apostolic Prefect of Gambella
- Angelo Moreschi, Salesians (S.D.B.), (2000.11.16 – 2009.12.05 see below)
- Apostolic Vicars of Gambella
- Angelo Moreschi, S.D.B., (see above 2009.12.05 – ...), Titular Bishop of Elephantaria in Mauretania (2009.12.05 – ...).
- "Fides Service- Congregation for the Evangelisation of Peoples". www.fides.org. Retrieved 2009-12-26.
|This Catholic Church–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|