|Fate||Acquired by Dell|
|Defunct||February 24, 2012|
|Headquarters||Reston, Virginia, United States|
|Najaf Husain (Executive Vice President)|
Dell AppAssure was a series of backup solutions. The solutions were developed and marketed by the company with the same name until Dell acquired the company in February 2012.
On November 11, 2011, AppAssure announced the availability of AppAssure v4.7 Backup & Replication Software - On Friday, Feb. 24 2012, Dell announced the acquisition of AppAssure, renaming it Dell AppAssure. Current version in Spring 2014 is Version 5.
(This information is out-of-date) The company's total revenue grew 196% in Q3 of 2011 over the same period in 2010, and total revenue for the third quarter grew 18% over the previous quarter. AppAssure achieved 3,450% growth over the past three years and more than 5,000 customers, partners and service providers in over 50 countries. The company has now posted 20 consecutive quarters of growth.
Dell AppAssure is headquartered in Reston, VA.
The latest version is version 5.
AppAssure version 5 added the capability to back up Linux servers, physical and virtual. It was developed as a Windows-only backup solution with deep integration for the following Windows application servers: MS Exchange, MS SQL, and MS SharePoint. It also supports backing up Windows VMs hosted in MS Hyper-V and VMWare ESX environments.
It provides global deduplication, easy set-up, and ease of use (according to both the product site and the many reviews referenced in this article). The product strives to minimize recovery time (Near-Zero Recovery Time Objective) and provide 5-minute recovery point granularity. It also purports to be scalable and to allow recovery of backups to any location/VM - even if they have dissimilar hardware from the backup source. It also allows granular object-level recovery for both files and application level objects (such as emails).
The product is delivered by Dell under a software only version and a dedicated hardware appliance (Dell Powervault DLxxxx series) and has been renamed to Rapid Recovery.
- Official announcement Dell acquires AppAssure, 24 February 2012. Visited 30 March 2012
- "AppAssure Software". Appassure.com. Retrieved 2011-08-08.
- Darcy, Darlene (2008-05-26). "Washington Business Journal". Washington.bizjournals.com. Retrieved 2011-08-08.
- McDonough, Ann (2011-11-22). "AppAssure wins gold product award". AppAssure. Retrieved 2012-03-30.
- "Dell AppAssure Product Page". Dell Inc. Retrieved 2012-08-20.
- "AppAssure | Data Backup, Recovery & Replication | Dell Software". software.dell.com. Retrieved 2016-06-03.