|Initial release||January 2010|
|Operating system||iOS, Android, Windows Phone|
AppMakr.com is a do-it-yourself platform to create content-based native mobile apps for iPhone & Android, as well as HTML5 Mobile Websites. The process requires no coding knowledge and builds apps with a WYSIWYG editor. It is free to use the site.
After the company was initially acquired by ShareThis, it was announced on May 24, 2013, that AppMakr would be deprecating the AppMakr service and taking the site offline. However, the service was then acquired by competitor Infinite Monkeys, who have merged the platform with their existing mobile app builder. The combined entity now claims to be the largest DIY mobile app publisher in the world and hires employees internationally.
AppMakr's platform uses RSS and API integrations to power the content in a creator's app. This content may include text, images, podcasts, audio, and video. Creators can also add location-aware GeoRSS and Media RSS feeds. Additionally, the platform allows in-app HTML5 and CSS3, which serves locally from the mobile device and can access its camera, accelerometer, and other built-in features.
Other platform features include push notifications, native photo galleries, shared calendars, live chat rooms and mobile ad network integration. The AppMakr platform partners with a few advertising networks so that creators can monetize their apps.
Within the editor, creators can customize the look of their apps by designing their icons, splash screens, headers, and tab icons. If creators do not want to design graphics themselves, the platform presents a database of icons to choose from and culls images from related web searches.
- App Inventor for Android
- WYSISYG editor
- Mobile app
- Mobile operating system
- Infinite Monkeys
- Zomato Whitelabel
- Goode, Lauren (3 October 2013). "No monkeying around". The Hindu Business Line. Retrieved 3 November 2013.
- "AppMakr Unlocks The Power Of The Socially Mobile Experience, Debuts Industry's First 'In-App' Social Network". Thestreet.com. 14 March 2011. Retrieved 3 November 2013.
- Boudreau, John W.; Jesuthasan, Ravin; Creelman, David (2015-07-10). Lead the Work: Navigating a World Beyond Employment. John Wiley & Sons. ISBN 9781119040071.
- "How DIY apps can promote hyper local? - CIOL". CIOL. Retrieved 2016-01-26.
- Boudreau, John W.; Jesuthasan, Ravin; Creelman, David (2015-08-03). Lead the Work: Navigating a World Beyond Employment (1 ed.). Jossey-Bass. ISBN 9781119040040.
- Graham, Jefferson (17 August 2011). "Websites offer tools for making an app without knowing code". Usatoday.com. Retrieved 3 November 2013.
- Goode, Lauren (8 February 2010). "The Company Behind More Than 3,000 Apps". Wall Street Journal. Retrieved 9 February 2011.
- Kincaid, Jason (25 October 2010). "AppMakr Raises $1 Million To Help You Build Custom iPhone Apps". TechCrunch. Retrieved 9 February 2011.
- Mitra, Sramana (25 October 2010). "The 1M/1MDeal Radar 2010: AppMakr.com and PointAbout ,Washington, DC". Sramanamitra.com. Retrieved 3 November 2013.
- "Infinite Monkeys acquires AppMakr". IIFL Group. September 20, 2013. Retrieved 14 November 2014.
- "Infinite Monkeys Acquires AppMakr". prweb.com. September 16, 2013. Retrieved 3 November 2013.
- Russell, Jon (11 September 2013). "Can't code but want an app? Infinite Monkeys is now the world's largest DIY app publisher". Thenextweb.com. Retrieved 3 November 2013.
- GOMSTYN, ALICE. "In Charge: Jay Shapiro, CEO, AppMakr". NorthJersey.com. Retrieved 2016-01-26.
- AppMakr Integrates HTML 5, Retrieved 3 November 2013
- AppMakr's Sublime HTML5 Integration, AppMakr Blog
- Build Your Own iPhone App for FREE w/ AppMakr - How To DIY, YouTube.com
- Dachis, Adam (26 October 2010). "AppMakr Helps You Create Your Own iPhone App for Free, No Coding Necessary". Lifehacker. Retrieved 4 February 2011.