|Headquarters||New York City, New York, United States|
Brian O'Kelley (CEO)
|Products||Infrastructure as a service
Number of employees
AppNexus is an American multinational technology company whose cloud-based software platform enables and optimizes programmatic online advertising. As of 2015, AppNexus servers process up to 45 billion ad buys per day at peak; AppNexus handled an estimated $2 billion in ad spending in 2014, giving it the biggest reach on the open web after Google. Headquartered in New York, the company has 23 offices in North America, Latin America, Europe, Asia and Australia.
AppNexus offers online auction infrastructure and technology for data management, optimization, financial clearing and support for directly negotiated advertising campaigns. It integrates with advertising sources including Google's DoubleClick, Microsoft's AdECN, engage:BDR and other aggregators. It operates out of multiple data centers, including one in Amsterdam serving Europe and the Middle East, in a facility shared with Equinix.
Founders and financing
AppNexus was founded by Brian O'Kelley (the ex-CTO of Right Media) and Mike Nolet (former product manager and Director of Analytics at Right Media); Michael Rubenstein, a former VP and General Manager at Google's DoubleClick, joined AppNexus as President in September 2009. The company is financially backed by Microsoft, Khosla Ventures, First Round Capital, Venrock, Kodiak Venture Partners, Marc Andreessen, Ben Horowitz, and Ron Conway; as of 2015 the company has raised $250 million in financing.
- Stephanie Clifford (2010-03-12). "Instant Ads Set the Pace on the Web". The New York Times. Archived from the original on 17 March 2010. Retrieved 2010-03-12.
- Alex Conrad (2013-08-04). "How AppNexus CEO Became the King of Ad Tech". Forbes.com. Retrieved 2013-08-04.
- AppNexus (2010-03-12). "AppNexus Officially Launches Ad Platform Fueling the Real-Time Bidding Revolution in Display Advertising". Press release (Press release). PR Newswire. Archived from the original on 22 March 2010. Retrieved 2010-03-12.
- "AppNexus Expands Video Buying, Adds New Video Demand Partners". www.mediapost.com. Retrieved 2016-05-22.
- Liz Gannes (2010-10-05). "AppNexus Raises $50M for Real-time Ad Platform: Tech News and Analysis «". Gigaom.com. Retrieved 2011-05-11.
- "Forbes Cloud 100". Forbes. Retrieved 17 November 2016.
- "Who We Are". AppNexus. Archived from the original on 17 May 2011. Retrieved 2011-05-11.
-  Archived December 12, 2010, at the Wayback Machine.
- "AppNexus Secures $8 Million in Series B Funding". Pr-inside.com. Retrieved 2011-05-11.
|This United States corporation or company article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|