This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (August 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Headquarters||New York City, United States|
|Products||Infrastructure as a service |
Number of employees
AppNexus is an American multinational technology company operating a cloud-based software platform that enables and optimizes programmatic online advertising. Headquartered in New York City, the company has 23 offices in North America, Latin America, Europe, Asia and Australia.
AppNexus offers online auction infrastructure and technology for data management, optimization, financial clearing and support for directly negotiated advertising campaigns. It has both demand-side platform (DSP) and supply-side platform (SSP) functionalities. It integrates with advertising sources including Google's DoubleClick, Microsoft's AdECN, engage:BDR and other aggregators. It operates out of multiple data centers, including one in Amsterdam serving Europe and the Middle East, in a facility shared with Equinix.
In June 2018, AT&T announced it was acquiring the company and putting it under its Xandr division as a subsidiary. AppNexus was reportedly sold for $1.6 billion while most news outlets speculated the company not to sell for less than $2 billion. 
Founders and financing
AppNexus was founded by Brian O'Kelley (the ex-CTO of Right Media) and Mike Nolet (former product manager and Director of Analytics at Right Media); Michael Rubenstein, a former VP and General Manager at Google's DoubleClick, joined AppNexus as President in September 2009. The company was financially backed by Microsoft, Khosla Ventures, First Round Capital, Venrock, Kodiak Venture Partners, Marc Andreessen, Ben Horowitz, and Ron Conway; as of 2015 the company had raised $250 million in financing.
- Stephanie Clifford (2010-03-12). "Instant Ads Set the Pace on the Web". The New York Times. Archived from the original on 17 March 2010. Retrieved 2010-03-12.
- AppNexus (2010-03-12). "AppNexus Officially Launches Ad Platform Fueling the Real-Time Bidding Revolution in Display Advertising". Press release (Press release). PR Newswire. Archived from the original on 22 March 2010. Retrieved 2010-03-12.
- "AppNexus Expands Video Buying, Adds New Video Demand Partners". www.mediapost.com. Retrieved 2016-05-22.
- Liz Gannes (2010-10-05). "AppNexus Raises $50M for Real-time Ad Platform: Tech News and Analysis «". Gigaom.com. Retrieved 2011-05-11.
- "Forbes Cloud 100". Forbes. Retrieved 17 November 2016.
- "AT&T Will Acquire AppNexus | AdExchanger". AdExchanger. 2018-06-25. Retrieved 2018-07-13.
- "Who We Are". AppNexus. Archived from the original on 17 May 2011. Retrieved 2011-05-11.
-  Archived December 12, 2010, at the Wayback Machine
- "AppNexus Secures $8 Million in Series B Funding". Pr-inside.com. Archived from the original on 2012-06-14. Retrieved 2011-05-11.
|This article about an internet company of the United States is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|