||A major contributor to this article appears to have a close connection with its subject. (October 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Headquarters||Sunnyvale, United States, Daresbury, United Kingdom|
|Revenue||US$ 126 million (2012) |
Number of employees
AppSense was founded in 1999 by Charles Sharland. In February 2011, AppSense announced it received a $70 million round of funding from Goldman Sachs for a minority share in the company. Originally based in Daresbury, England, in 2010 AppSense opened a US headquarters in New York City, with a Technology and Development center located in Sunnyvale, California. The company relocated its headquarters to Sunnyvale, CA from New York City in 2013.
In March 2016 AppSense was acquired by LANDESK.
AppSense is a founding member of the Citrix Ready program, and is a Tier 2 vendor. In May 2010, AppSense was named the Citrix Systems Ready Solution of the Year. In 2010, AppSense joined the Microsoft System Center Alliance, and is an ISV Partner. In May 2011, AppSense announced a partnership with Cisco. AppSense is a VMware VDI partner.
|This section does not cite any sources. (October 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
AppSense's "DesktopNow" product allows administrators to manage policy, resource and personalisation across multiple devices. AppSense also develop "MobileNow" and "DataNow" for mobile devices, which are often part of bring your own device (BYOD) deployments.
- Telis Demos (27 August 2012). "AppSense Plans for IPO, Taps Goldman, Citi, JPM". Wallstreet Journal. Retrieved 6 March 2014.
- Nathalie Pierrepont (24 July 2012). "AppSense: We Could Be The Next VMware". TheStreet, Inc. Retrieved 24 July 2012.
- Ari Levy (23 February 2011). "Goldman Sachs Boosts Web Wager With $70 Million AppSense Stake". Bloomberg. Retrieved 22 July 2012.
- "Citrix Ready Partners". Retrieved 23 July 2012.
- Vicky Pomarico (11 May 2010). "AppSense named the Citrix Ready 2010 Solution of the Year Winner". Retrieved 29 July 2012.
- Robin Wauters (18 May 2011). "AppSense Now A Microsoft Managed Partner". Virtualization.com. Retrieved 22 July 2012.
- Andy Dornan (26 May 2011). "Cisco, AppSense Partner On Virtualization". InformationWeek. Retrieved 29 July 2012.
- Bridget Botelho (2 September 2009). "Virtualization innovators vie for Best of VMworld 2009 Awards". TechTarget. Retrieved 29 July 2012.