|Look up apparition in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Generally, an apparition is an instance of something's appearing, i.e. being seen. The term may refer to:
- Apparitional experience, an anomalous, quasi-perceptual experience
- Vision (spirituality), inspirational renderings, generally of a future state and/or of a mythical being
- Marian apparition, in which the Virgin Mary is believed to have supernaturally appeared
- Ghost, the disembodied spirit or soul of a deceased person
- Doppelgänger, the ghostly double of a living person
- Bilocation, the ability/instances in which an individual appears to be located in two distinct places at the same instant in time
- Apparition, a form of teleportation in the Harry Potter series.
- The return of a periodic comet
Media (television, art, and music)
- Apparition (The Legendary Pink Dots album), 1982 album by Anglo-Dutch group, by The Legendary Pink Dots.
- Apparitions, an orchestral work by György Ligeti
- Apparition (Burning Inside album), an American album, released in 2001.
- Apparition (company), a newly formed film distribution company in the U.S.
- Apparition of Face and Fruit Dish on a Beach, a 1938 painting by Salvador Dalí
- "Apparitions" (song), a 1998 song by Matthew Good Band
- Apparitions (TV series), a 2008 BBC series about an exorcist
- Phantom Girl, (also known as Apparition Girl), a DC Comics superheroine
- The Apparition, a 2012 American supernatural horror film
- Apparition (EP), a 2009 EP by The Contortionist
- Appearance (disambiguation)
- Eidolon (disambiguation)
- Demonic possession
- Appearances of Satan or devils (e.g., in Scripture- the Bible; and in related holy books, and in other, non-Judeo-Christian religions)
disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Apparition.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.