|Launched||June 16, 2017|
|Designed by||Apple Inc.|
|Max. CPU clock rate||to 2.38 GHz|
|L1 cache||Per core: 64 KB instruction + 64 KB data|
|L2 cache||8 MB shared|
|Architecture and classification|
|Min. feature size||10 nm|
|Microarchitecture||Hurricane and Zephyr both ARMv8‑A-Compatible|
|Instruction set||A64, A32, T32|
|Products, models, variants|
|Variant(s)||Apple A10 Fusion|
|Successor||Apple A12X Bionic|
The Apple A10X Fusion is a 64-bit ARM-based system on a chip (SoC) designed by Apple Inc. and manufactured by TSMC. It first appeared in the 10.5" iPad Pro and the second-generation 12.9" iPad Pro, which were both announced on June 5, 2017. The A10X is a variant of the A10 and Apple claims that it has 30 percent faster CPU performance and 40 percent faster GPU performance than its predecessor, the A9X.
The A10X features an Apple-designed 64-bit 2.38 GHz ARMv8-A six-core CPU, with three high-performance Hurricane cores and three energy-efficient Zephyr cores. The A10X also integrates a twelve-core graphics processing unit (GPU) which appears to be the same Apple customized Imagination PowerVR cores used in the A10. Embedded in the A10X is the M10 motion coprocessor.
Built on TSMC's 10 nm FinFET process with a die size of 96.4mm2, the A10X is 34% smaller than the A9X and as of June 2017[update] is the smallest iPad SoC. The A10X is the first TSMC 10nm chip to be used by a consumer device.
Products that include the Apple A10X
- Apple system on chips, the series of ARM-based system-on-a-chip (SoC) processors designed by Apple for their consumer electronic devices.
- Apple A10 Fusion
- Smith, Ryan (June 29, 2017). "TechInsights Confirms Apple's A10X SoC Is TSMC 10nm FF; 96.4mm2 Die Size". AnandTech. Retrieved June 30, 2017.
- "iPad Pro 10.5" Teardown". iFixit. June 13, 2017. Retrieved June 14, 2017.
- Cunningham, Andrew (June 12, 2017). "Review: The 10.5-inch iPad Pro is much more "pro" than what it replaces". Ars Technica. Condé Nast. Retrieved June 12, 2017.
- "iPad7,4". Geekbench Browser. Primate Labs. June 11, 2017. Retrieved June 12, 2017.
- Humrick, Matt (June 6, 2017). "Apple Refreshes iPad Pro Lineup: A10X Fusion SoC for 10.5-inch, 12.9-inch Models". AnandTech. Retrieved June 7, 2017.
- "iPad Pro, in 10.5-inch and 12.9-inch models, introduces the world's most advanced display and breakthrough performance" (Press release). Apple. June 5, 2017. Retrieved June 5, 2017.
- Wei, Andy (June 29, 2017). "10 nm Process Rollout Marching Right Along". TechInsights. Archived from the original on August 3, 2017. Retrieved June 30, 2017.
- "iPad Pro Tech Specs". Apple. June 5, 2017. Archived from the original on June 5, 2017. Retrieved June 5, 2017.
- "10.5-inch and 12.9-inch 2017 iPad Pro FAQ: Everything you need to know!". iMore. Retrieved 2017-06-15.
- "Apple TV 4K Teardown". iFixit. September 25, 2017. Retrieved September 26, 2017.