Apple Monitor III
|Apple Monitor III|
|Model number||green phosphor (A3M0039),|
white phosphor (A3M0006)
The Apple Monitor III is a 12-inch green phosphor (A3M0039) or a white phosphor (A3M0006) CRT-based monochrome monitor manufactured by Sanyo for Apple Computer; for the Apple III personal computer, introduced in 1980. As Apple's first monitor in their business line of machines, it preceded the Apple Monitor II by several years. The Apple Monitor III's main feature was the fine mesh on the CRT to reduce glare. The Apple Monitor III was also compatible with the entire Apple II series and numerous other computers through its standard composite video input jack.
A monitor stand for the Monitor III was available from Apple.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Apple Monitor III.|
- Apple lowers prices, By David Needle, InfoWorld, 28 Jun 1982, Page 12, ..Apple's 12-inch green phosphor Monitor III with a stand...
- Hardware Reviews: ElectroScreen By Dale L. Puckett, InfoWorld, 23 May 1983, Page 68, ...PERFORMANCE:...Its video level matches my Apple Monitor III perfectly...Privac learned that the Apple Monitor III (Model A3M0039) has a P-39 phosphor...
- Advertisement:Apple, InfoWorld, 22 Feb 1982, Page 7, ...Look up from the keyboard and you'll see our standard Monitor III green phosphor display(80 char. x 24 lines, u/l). It can show you some of the highest resolution graphics available - 560 x 192 in 16 gray scales...
- InfoWorld. December 3, 1984. Page 70.
- Special Section:Apple Computer: Assembling micros: they will sell no Apple before its time, By Scott Mace, InfoWorld, 8 Mar 1982, Page 16, ..Sanyo, a well-known Japanese television manufacturer, produces both the Apple II monitors and the Monitor III...
- Apple Offers 22% Price Cut, Stand for Monitor III, Computerworld, 17 May 1982, Page 62, ...Apple Computer, Inc. has announced a 22% price reduction for its Monitor III video display and has introduced a stand for use of the Monitor III...
|This computer hardware article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|