Apple Watch Series 2
The Apple Watch Series 1 and Apple Watch Series 2 are the second-generation model of the Apple Watch.It uses an Apple S2 (Series 2) or Apple S1P (Series 1) SiP (System in Package), has a built-in quick-on GPS (Series 2) and the display has twice the brightness of the previous generation for easier readability outdoors. The Apple Watch Series 1 and 2 require an iPhone 5 or later on iOS 10 or later.
Apple Watch Series 2 has a water resistance rating of 50 meters. It can keep track of the number of laps and distance while swimming. It uses the speaker for expelling residual water after a swim or immersion in water. During swimming the touch function can be manually disabled.
- Torres, Timothy. "Apple Watch Series 2 vs. Samsung Gear S3: Smartwatch Smackdown". PC Magazine. Retrieved 12 September 2016.
- Graziano, Dan. "Apple Watch Series 2 vs. Samsung Gear S3 vs. Fitbit vs. Android Wear vs. Garmin vs. Pebble". CNET. Retrieved 12 September 2016.
- "Apple Introduces Apple Watch Series 2, The Ultimate Device For A Healthy Life". apple.com. Retrieved 2016-09-12.
- "Apple Watch Series 2 – Technical Specifications". support.apple.com. Retrieved 2017-12-11.
- Apple Watch – official site
|This technology-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|