- Applewood redirects here. Applewood may also refer to wood cut from an apple tree.
Location in Jefferson County and the State of Colorado
|State||State of Colorado|
|• Type||unincorporated community|
|• Total||4.8 sq mi (12.5 km2)|
|• Land||4.8 sq mi (12.5 km2)|
|• Water||0 sq mi (0 km2)|
|Elevation||5,810 ft (1,771 m)|
|• Density||1,484/sq mi (569.8/km2)|
|Time zone||MST (UTC-7)|
|• Summer (DST)||MDT (UTC-6)|
|GNIS feature ID||1867076|
Applewood is located at (39.749779, -105.155008).
According to the United States Census Bureau, the CDP has a total area of 4.8 square miles (12 km2), all of it land.
As of the census of 2000, there were 7,123 people, 2,954 households, and 2,055 families residing in the CDP. The population density was 1,473.6 people per square mile (569.4/km²). There were 3,067 housing units at an average density of 634.5 per square mile (245.2/km²). The racial makeup of the CDP was 94.59% White, 0.38% African American, 0.51% Native American, 1.22% Asian, 0.11% Pacific Islander, 1.47% from other races, and 1.71% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 4.38% of the population.
There were 2,954 households out of which 26.7% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 58.9% were married couples living together, 7.3% had a female householder with no husband present, and 30.4% were non-families. 25.2% of all households were made up of individuals and 11.4% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.40 and the average family size was 2.87.
In the CDP, the population was spread out with 22.2% under the age of 18, 5.6% from 18 to 24, 24.0% from 25 to 44, 29.5% from 45 to 64, and 18.6% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 44 years. For every 100 females there were 95.6 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 94.0 males.
The median income for a household in the CDP was $66,210, and the median income for a family was $76,907. Males had a median income of $54,028 versus $36,315 for females. The per capita income for the CDP was $34,640. About 2.8% of families and 4.2% of the population were below the poverty line, including 2.7% of those under age 18 and 5.2% of those age 65 or over.
- Outline of Colorado
- State of Colorado
- Colorado cities and towns
- Colorado counties
- Colorado metropolitan areas
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- Colorado Trend Report 2: State and Complete Places (Sub-state 2010 Census Data). Missouri Census Data Center. Accessed 2011-02-25.
- "US Gazetteer files: 2010, 2000, and 1990". United States Census Bureau. 2011-02-12. Retrieved 2011-04-23.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Archived from the original on 2013-09-11. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Applewood, Colorado.|