This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Appliances Online is an Australian online retailer of white goods and home appliances based in Sydney, Australia. The company is a subsidiary of the family-run Winning Group, encompassing Big Brown Box and Winning Appliances. The company claims to have more than 300,000 customers nationwide.
Appliances Online was established in 2005 by John Winning, he spotted an opportunity in the market for a specialist online retailer of appliances and white goods. The company was founded as an online competitor to other electrical and white goods retailers. The business model is based on targeting customers who are limited on time and, in most cases, have a replacement need.
Appliances Online has gone on to set up its own shipping service to the greater Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Gold Coast, Perth, and Hunter regions. The company employs around 150 people in its head office in Sydney and in the warehouses across Australia. In 2011, the average sale item on Appliances Online was $1000.
The Appliances Online warehouse in Brisbane allowed Winning Appliances to launch its first showroom in Queensland in August 2011.
- [self-published source]"About Appliances Online Australia".
- "It's not rocket surgery". Archived from the original on 9 December 2011. Retrieved 22 September 2011.
- "Online retailer's Winning formula: the company has grown in profit and revenue by 100 percent every year since 2005". The Australian. 29 April 2011.
- "From the Computer to Your Kitchen" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 2 April 2012.
- "Winning Appliances mentality key to new Brisbane showroom success". Archived from the original on 26 September 2011.
- Consumer reviews