|Founder||Arnold Leung, CEO|
Other offices: Atlanta, London, Montreal, New York, Boston, San Francisco, Cardiff, Hong Kong & Saint John
|Arnold Leung (CEO)|
|Services||Web, Intranet & Mobile App Development. Middleware & Big Data Services.|
Number of employees
|250 (June 2017)|
Appnovation Technologies is a technology-enabled services firm with headquarters in Canada, specializing in web, intranet and mobile application development using open technologies including Drupal and Alfresco, HTML5 frameworks like SproutCore and PhoneGap, as well as middleware, Big Data and business intelligence services using Mulesoft, Hadoop and MongoDB. Appnovation is one of five companies in Canada to achieve Platinum Partner status with Alfresco Software, Inc. and Enterprise Select Partner status with Acquia.
Founded in 2007 in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada by CEO Arnold Leung. During its first year in business Appnovation Technologies helped the current Tatango launch the older version of the mobile texting platform called NetworkText. By 2009, the company had grown to become the 15th biggest web development company in Vancouver.
In 2010 Appnovation was ranked #16 in PROFIT's Profit Hot 50 List and Leung was named to Business in Vancouver's Top Forty Under 40 list. In 2011 Leung was also named BDC's Young Entrepreneur of the Year for British Columbia and Appnovation was a finalist in the Small Business BC "Successful You Awards" in the Best Company category.
In 2011 the company's revenue had tripled from the previous year, at $4.2 million. In 2014, the company opened an office in Montreal, Quebec and a sales and development centre in Saint John, New Brunswick. In the same year, the company was included in the Deloitte Fast 50 of fastest-growing Canadian technology companies.
In 2016, the company was again included in the Deloitte "Fast 50" and Fast 500, with 449% growth between 2012 and 2015.
In late 2016, Appnovation completed their first acquisition, buying Wunderkraut Benelux, which not only extended their growing European presence, having previously opened multiple offices in the UK, it also brought their employee number to 250.
Awards and recognition
In 2017, the company received the prestigious EMEA 'Best New Partner' award at the MuleSoft Connect conference. Other awards include the 2013 Appnovation Blue Drop Award for the best Marketplace/eCommerce Website, an Acquia "Partner Site of the Year" award for the mobile category, and the Alfresco "Partner Solution of the Year" for osCaddie.
- "Appnovation Technologies Reaches Benchmark Employment Goal Worldwide". Appnovation Technologies Inc.
- "Appnovation Achieves Alfresco Platinum Partner Status". alfresco.com.
- "Appnovation Technologies". acquia.com.
- "Rapid growth prompts Appnovation to seek bigger offices". Business In Vancouver.
- "23 year-old CEO Pursues Growth During Recession". techvibes.com.
- "Appnovation launches Appnovision web series". techvibes.com.
- "APPNOVATION TECHNOLOGIES INC. - U.S.-Based Networktext.com Revolutionizes Group Communications in Canada With Help From Appnovation Technologies". newswire.ca.
- "Biggest Web Dev Companies in BC (2009 edition)". techvibes.com.
- "PROFITHOT50". profitguide.com. Archived from the original on April 4, 2012.
- "Photos: Meet BDC's 2011 Young Entrepreneur Awards winners". The Globe and Mail.
- "Success comes from reshaping, not reinventing, the wheel". The Globe and Mail.
- "Appnovation setting up in Saint John, creating 63 jobs". cbc.ca. 14 August 2014.
- "2014 Canadian Technology Fast 50™ winners" (PDF). Deloitte.
- "8 BC companies Deloitte's Technology Fast 50 winners". Vancouver Sun. November 14, 2014.
- "Contact Us". Appnovation.
- "Appnovation Named to 2016 Deloitte Technology Fast 50, Fast 500 Ranking". appnovation.com.
- "Community-driven awards celebrate the best in Drupal achievements". Blue Drop Awards 2013.
- "Acquia Announces Winners of Inaugural Partner Site of the Year Awards [May 24, 2013]". acquia.com.