|Comune di Apricena|
The Castle of Apricena.
|Province / Metropolitan city||Foggia (FG)|
|• Mayor||Antonio Potenza|
|• Total||171 km2 (66 sq mi)|
|Elevation||73 m (240 ft)|
|Population (28 February 2014)|
|• Density||78/km2 (200/sq mi)|
|Time zone||CET (UTC+1)|
|• Summer (DST)||CEST (UTC+2)|
|Patron saint||Madonna dell'Incoronata|
|Saint day||Last Sunday in May|
This territory is mainly plain, cultivated with olives, cereals and wine. The economy is focused on quarrying the local rock, the Stone of Apricena, and exporting it to Germany, Japan, and China.
Apricena developed from the summer residence of the Emperor Frederick II.
- Baronal Palace (Palazzo baronale, commonly known as Torriolo)
- The clocktower (Torre dell'orologio)
- Mother Church of St. Martin and Lucy
- The abandoned Monastery of San Giovanni in Piano, where Pope Celestine V fled after renouncing his papacy.
- The ruins of Frederick II's castle, at Castelpagano.
- Altavilla Vicentina, Italy
- All demographics and other statistics from the Italian statistical institute (Istat)