April 2015 Qalamoun incident
|April 2015 Qalamoun incident|
|Part of Hezbollah involvement in the Syrian Civil War|
Rif Dimashq Governorate in Syria (red)
|Planned by||Allegedly Al-Nusra Front|
|Objective||Strategic weapons depots and weapons convoys|
|Date||22–26 April 2015|
|Executed by||Alleged Al-Nusra Front responsibility|
Alleged Israeli Air Force involvement
The April 2015 Qalamoun incident was a series of attacks made on targets in Qalamoun region of Syria on the morning on 25 April 2015. The targets were the Brigade 155 (main Syrian Scud missile-base) and Brigade 65 bases in the Qalamoun. Two weapons convoys were also targeted, reportedly killing one person. According to an opposition source, the targets were Hezbollah camps and ammo storages within the two bases. Several explosions were heard in the areas of Kteife, Yabrud and a village in Qalamoun. Plumes of smoke were seen above the Brigade 65 base, shortly after the strikes.
According to conflicting sources the attack was attributed to a ground attack by Al-Nusra Front, or an air operation of the Israeli Air Force. Unprecedently, unlike previous cases of no comment, Israeli official sources denied any involvement of Israeli forces in the incident.
- "Israel reportedly hits Hezbollah, Assad targets in Syria". The Times of Israel. Retrieved 16 May 2015.
- Master. "289 killed yesterday 26/04/2015". Syrian Observatory For Human Rights. Archived from the original on 20 May 2015. Retrieved 16 May 2015.
- "Hezbollah keeps quiet about border airstrike". The Daily Star Newspaper - Lebanon. Retrieved 16 May 2015.
- "Syrian Rebellion Obs on Twitter". Twitter. Retrieved 16 May 2015.
- "Sources: Israel not behind second attack on Syria-Lebanon border". ynet. Retrieved 16 May 2015.
- "Report: Israel Targets Hizbullah Arms Depot in Qalamoun". Naharnet. Retrieved 16 May 2015.
- "Israel denies report it struck near Syria-Lebanon border". Haaretz.com. 27 April 2015. Retrieved 16 May 2015.