|Born||March 11, 1973|
|Residence||Chula Vista, California USA|
|Height||5.8 ft (1.8 m) (2010)|
|Weight||140 lb (64 kg) (2010)|
|Coached by||Al Joyner|
Holmes grew up in Somerdale, New Jersey.  She competed in the 2004 Summer Paralympics in Athens, Greece, where she won a bronze medal in the women's Long jump - F44/46 event, finished sixth in the women's 100 metres - T46 event, with a world T44 record and finished seventh in the women's 200 metres - T46 event. She also competed at the 2008 Summer Paralympics in Beijing, China, winning a gold medal in the women's 100 metres - T44 event, and the 2012 Summer Paralympics in London, winning a bronze medal in the women's 100 metres - T44 event.
- Training Location: Chula Vista, CA
- Hometown: Somerdale, NJ
- Classification: Below the knee Amputee (T-44)
- Disability acquired: Train accident (January 2001)
- Coach: Al Joyner (1984 Olympic Gold Medalist- Triple Jump)
- Education: BS Mass Communication Norfolk St. University
- MBA Marketing University of Phoenix
- Sponsors: Jordan Brand, Ossur Prosthetics,US *Paralympics, Hartford Insurance
- 2012: Bronze medal, 100m (T44) - Paralympic Games, London
- 2011: Bronze medal, 100m (T44) - IPC Athletics World Championships, Christchurch, New Zealand
- 2008: Gold medal, 100m - Paralympic Games, Beijing, China
- 2008: Three gold medals, 100m, 200m and Long Jump - U.S. Paralympic Track & Field Championships, Phoenix, Ariz.
- 2008: World record 200m T44/F44 (27.10)- Boiling Point Track Classic
- 2007: Three gold medals, 100m, 200m and Long Jump - U.S. Paralympic Track & Field National Championships, Marietta, Ga.
- 2006: Two gold medals, 100m, 200m; Bronze medal, Long Jump - 2006 IPC Athletics World Championships, Assen, The Netherlands
- 2006: Two world records, 100m (12.98), 200m (27.10) - U.S. Paralympics Track & Field National Championships, Atlanta, Ga.
- 2006: Gold medal, long jump - Visa Paralympic World Cup, Manchester, United Kingdom
- 2006: Two gold medals, 100m, 400m - Paralympic Revival, Duderstadt, Germany
- 2006: Bronze medal, long jump - IPC Athletics World Indoor Championships, Sweden
- 2006: Two gold medals, 100m, 200m - German National Championships, Leverkusen, Germany
- 2004: Two world records, 100m, 200m; Bronze medal, long jump - Paralympic Games, Athens, Greece
- 2003: Gold medal, 100m; Silver medal, 200m - Rocky Mountain State Games, Colorado Springs, Colo.
- 2003: Gold medal, 200m - German National Championships, Leverkusen, Germany
- 2002: Silver medal, 100m; Fourth place, 200m - IPC Athletics World Championships, Lille, France
- 2002: First place, 100m - DS/USA's International Challenge, Orlando, Fla.
- April Holmes' personal & Foundation Website
- Results for April Holmes from the International Paralympic Committee