This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Biswas in 2017
|Born||October 11, 1989|
|Other names||Apu Islam Khan|
Shakib Khan (m. 2008)
|Children||Abram Khan Joy|
|Parent(s)||Upendronath Bishwas (father)|
Shefali Bishwas (mother)
Apu Biswas is a Bangladeshi cinema actress.
Apu Biswas was born on 10 October 1989, to Upendronath Biswas & Shefali Bishwas in Bogra, Bangladesh. Born in a Hindu family, Apu was passionate about acting from her childhood and took dance lessons from Shilpakala Academy. She was encouraged by her parents to work in the media industry.
In 2008, Apu Biswas married Bangladeshi actor Shakib Khan.In 2008 she converted to Islam and took the name Apu Islam Khan. The couple has one son, named Abraham Khan Joy, who was born on 27 September 2016 in Kolkata.[unreliable source?] The marriage and child were kept secret from the public until 10 April 2017, when Apu appeared on television with her son and revealed the relationship.
Biswas made her debut in the film industry with the film Kal Sokale in 2006. Her performance in Koti Takar Kabin was well-received and helped her to establish a permanent position in Dhallywood. In many of her films she has co-starred with Shakib Khan. The duo of Shakib and Apu became one of the most popular movie couples in the Bangladeshi film industry.
Her 2013 film My Name Is Khan was also successful at the box office. She has established herself as one of Bangladesh's most high-profile celebrities. On 10 April 2017, Apu told in a live interview about her marriage with film star Shakib Khan (in 2008) and that the couple have one child.
|2005||Kaal Sokale||Bashonti||Shabnor, Ferdous|
|2006||Koti Takar Kabin||Simran||Shakib Khan|
|Tomar Jonno Morte Pari|
|Kotha Dao Sathi Hobe|
|2008||Amader Choto Saheb|
|Amar Jaan Amar Pran||Oditi|
|Sontan Amar Ahongkar|
|Tumi Swapno Tumi Shadhona||Ful|
|Mone Prane Acho Tumi||Nila|
|Jodi Bou Sajogo|
|Tumi Amar Prem|
|2009||Mone Boro Kosto||Ishara|
|Bhalobashar Lal Golap||Oboni|
|Mon Jekane Hridoy Sekane|
|Jaan Amar Jaan|
|O Sathii Re||Shathi|
|Jonmo Tomar Jonno|
|Mayer Haate Beheshter Chabi|
|Bhalobasha Dibi Kina Bol|
|2010||Bhalobaslei Ghor Bandha Jay Na||Alo|
|Number One Shakib Khan||Rose|
|Nissash Amar Tumi||Asha|
|Chaccu Amar Chaccu|
|Amar Buker Modyokhane|
|Takar Cheye Prem Boro||Priya|
|Hai Prem Hai Bhalobasa||Kiran|
|Jonom Jonomer Prem|
|Jibon Moroner Sathi|
|Tumi Amar Moner Manush|
|Prem Mane Na Bandha|
|Ontore Acho Tumi||Roja|
|Koti Takar Prem||Alo|
|Tor Karone Beche Achi||Priya|
|EkBar Bolo Valobasi|
|Moner Ghore Boshot Kore||Nusrat|
|Priya Amar Jaan||Priya|
|2012||Ak Takar Denmohor||Priya|
|Ek Mon Ek Pran||Asha|
|Buk Fatey To Mukh Foteyna||Tuli|
|My Name Is Khan||Jhinuk|
|Premik Number One||Simi|
|Hero: The Superstar|
|Rajababu - The Power|
|Samraat: The King Is Here|
|Shosur Bari Zindabad 2||Bappy Chowdhury|
Awards and nominations
|2008||Bachsach Award||Best Actress in a Leading Role||Jaan Amar Jaan||Won|
|2008||BCRA Award||Best Actress in a Leading Role||Jaan Amar Jaan||Won|
|2008||Meril Prothom Alo Awards||Best Actress in a Leading Role||Ek Buk Bhalobasha||Nominated|
|2009||CJFB Award||Best Actress in a Leading Role||Won|
|2009||Meril Prothom Alo Awards||Best Actress in a Leading Role||Mone Boro Koshto||Nominated|
|2010||Glamour Award||Best Actress in a Leading Role||Valobasar Lal Golap||Won|
|2010||Meril Prothom Alo Awards||Best Actress in a Leading Role||Bhalobashlei Ghor Badha Jay Na||Nominated|
|2011||Meril Prothom Alo Awards||Best Actress in a Leading||Nominated|
|2012||Meril Prothom Alo Awards||Best Actress in a Leading Role||Ek Takar Denmohor||Nominated|
|2012||Ifad Film Club Award||Best Actress in a Leading Role||Won|
|2013||Bachsach Award||Best Actress in a Leading Role||"My Name Is Khan"||Won|
- "I married Shakib Khan in 2008". thedailystar.net. Retrieved 2017-12-08.
- "Shakib and I have a son: Apu Biswas". prothom-alo.com. Retrieved 2017-12-08.
- "Shakib sends divorce letter to Apu". 4 December 2017. Retrieved 8 December 2017.
- "Shakib sends Apu divorce notice". prothom-alo.com. Retrieved 2017-12-08.
- "Quiet birthday for Apu Biswas!". The Daily Star. Retrieved 11 November 2017.
- "Will accept my son, not Apu: Shakib Khan". The Daily Star. 10 April 2017. Retrieved 26 April 2018.
- "Apu Biswas Biography". Biography Wiki.
- "Rumours of Shakib - Apu divorce in the air | Dhaka Tribune". dhakatribune.com. 11 November 2017. Retrieved 26 April 2018.
- Rudrakkha, Rudra (7 December 2017). "Apu desperate to save marriage with co-star Shakib for their son -bdnews24.com". bdnews24.com. Retrieved 26 April 2018.
- "আর বিয়ে করবেন না অপু বিশ্বাস". The Bangladesh Daily. Retrieved 2018-04-18.
- "Devdas 'finaliy' gets release on Friday". New Age. 13 February 2013. Archived from the original on 2 November 2013. Retrieved 5 April 2013.
- "Popular actress Apu Biswas". The New Nation. 3 September 2009 – via HighBeam Research. (Subscription required (help)).
- "Celebrities on hot seat". New Age. Archived from the original on 2 November 2013. Retrieved 5 April 2013.</ref>
- "Four movies to hit big screen in Eid". New Age. Archived from the original on 2 November 2013. Retrieved 5 April 2013.)
- Shazu, Shah Alam (15 September 2012). "Fired with a dream". The Daily Star.
- "Apu Biswas: Becoming Parbati". The Daily Star. 2 March 2013.
- "Apu Biswas on rocky ground". Dhaka Tribune. 22 June 2014.
- "Periscoping Into Bangla Cinema". The Daily Star. 3 April 2015.