|Autonomous region||Nineveh Governorate|
Aqrah (Kurdish Akrê, ئاکرێ; Syriac: ܥܩܪܵܐ ʻAqra, from the Syriac for "barren" in reference to the land) is a city and district officially locaed in Nineveh Governorate but claimed by the Kurdistan Regional Government. The total area of the district is 6418 km².
District and government
The district of Aqrah was formed in 1877 by the Ottoman Empire and the city of Aqrah became the center of the district.
- Widad Akrawi, Defend International President
- Hiner Saleem, Kurdish film director
- Tariq Aqrawi, Iraqi Ambassador to Austria
- Yitzhak Mordechai, former Israeli General
- Hoshear Zebari, former Iraqi Foreign minister
- The Cathedral in Aqrah http://www.ishtartv.com/en/viewarticle,35402.html
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2014-10-27. Retrieved 2014-10-27.
|This Kurdistan geographical location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Iraq geographical location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|