Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Autonomous region||Dohuk Governorate|
|• Surchi||Hunar Ismail|
District and government
The district of Aqrah was formed in 1877 by the Ottoman Empire and the city of Aqrah became the center of the district.
The population is mainly Kurdish. There is a Christian Chaldean minority.
- Widad Akrawi, Defend International President
- Hiner Saleem, Kurdish film director
- Tariq Aqrawi, Iraqi Ambassador to Austria
- Yitzhak Mordechai, former Israeli General
- Hoshyar Zebari, former Iraqi Foreign minister
Newroz in Akre, 2017.
- The Cathedral in Aqrah http://www.ishtartv.com/en/viewarticle,35402.html
|This Kurdistan geographical location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Iraq geographical location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|