|Autonomous region||Dohuk Governorate|
|• Surchi||Hunar Ismail|
District and government
The district of Aqrah was formed in 1877 by the Ottoman Empire and the city of Aqrah became the center of the district.
'Aqr was the fief of the Kurdish Humaydi tribe since the 10th century, as such, Yaqut al-Hamawi, indicated that it was also known as ‘Aqr al-Ḥumaydiya. The 14th-century Shihab al-Umari, also noted the presence of the Yazidi Dasni tribe.
- Widad Akrawi, Defend International President
- Hiner Saleem, Kurdish film director
- Tariq Aqrawi, Iraqi Ambassador to Austria
- Yitzhak Mordechai, former Israeli General
- Hoshyar Zebari, former Iraqi Foreign minister
Newroz in Akre, 2017.
- James, B. “Le « territoire tribal des Kurdes » et l’Aire Iraqienne (Xe-XIIIe Siècles): Esquisse des Recompositions Spatiales.” Revue des Mondes Musulmans et de la Méditerranée 117-118 (2007).101-126.