Aquilla Independent School District
|Aquilla Independent School District|
|404 N Richards
ESC Region 12
|Type||Independent school district|
|Motto||Right Here ... Right Now, Exemplary Bound!|
|Grades||Pre-K through 12|
|Students and staff|
|Teachers||20.93 (2009-10) (on full-time equivalent (FTE) basis)|
|Student-teacher ratio||11.32 (2009-10)|
|Athletic conference||UIL Class 1A 6-man Football Division I|
|TEA District Accountability Rating for 2011-12||Recognized|
Aquilla Independent School District is a public school district based in Aquilla, Texas (USA). The district operates one high school, Aquilla High School, that serves students in grades pre-kindergarten through twelve.
As of the 2010-2011 school year, the appraised valuation of property in the district was $52,154,000. The maintenance tax rate was $0.117 and the bond tax rate was $0.007 per $100 of appraised valuation.
In 2011, the school district was rated "recognized" by the Texas Education Agency. Thirty-five percent of districts in Texas in 2011 received the same rating. No state accountability ratings will be given to districts in 2012. A school district in Texas can receive one of four possible rankings from the Texas Education Agency: Exemplary (the highest possible ranking), Recognized, Academically Acceptable, and Academically Unacceptable (the lowest possible ranking).
Historical district TEA accountability ratings
- 2011: Recognized
- 2010: Recognized
- 2009: Exemplary
- 2008: Exemplary
- 2007: Recognized
- 2006: Academically Acceptable
- 2005: Academically Acceptable
- 2004: Recognized
In the 2011-2012 school year, the district had students in two schools.
- Aquilla School (Grades PK-12)
- Hill County JJAEP (Grades 6-12)
Aquilla High School participates in the boys sports of baseball, basketball, football, and wrestling. The school participates in the girls sport of basketball. For the 2012 through 2014 school years, Aquilla High School will play six-man football in Class 1A 6-man Football Division I.
- "Texas School Directory 2012" (PDF). Texas Education Agency. Retrieved 16 July 2012.
- "Search for Public School Districts – District Detail for Aquilla ISD". National Center for Education Statistics. Institute of Education Sciences. Retrieved 16 July 2012.
- "UIL Alignments". University Interscholastic League. Retrieved 16 July 2012.
- "Aquilla High School". CBS Interactive. Retrieved 16 July 2012.
- "Texas Accountability System District Ratings for 2004 through 2011". Texas Education Agency. Retrieved 16 July 2012.
- "Texas Accountability System Summary of Ratings for 2004 through 2011(as of November 2, 2011) District Ratings by Rating Category (including Charter Operators)". Texas Education Agency. Retrieved 11 August 2012.
- "Accountability Rating System for Texas Public Schools and Districts". Texas Education Agency. Retrieved 11 August 2012.
|This article about a school district in Texas is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|