Arab American University
|Arab American University|
Arab American University - Jenin
|President||Professor Mahmoud Abu Mwaies|
The Arab American University (Arabic: الجامعة العربية الأمريكية - جنين), the first private Palestinian joint venture university, is an educational institution founded in 2000 in collaboration with California State University, Stanislaus, which provided advice in the development of academic plans and the way of implementing them.
The Arab American University provides quality education for Palestinians and international students. AAUJ has made impressive strides towards the development of educational facilities and laboratories in a vibrant setting. AAUJ adopts a distinct, unique education system with a wide range of schools offering diversified programs. These academic programs are demand-based (tailor-made to meet the demands of the Palestinian labor market). The necessity-motivated programs are meant to acquaint graduates with the skills needed to develop independent thinking and entrepreneurship aptitudes in order to be able to contribute to the overall, sustainable national development. To this end, AAUJ hires bright professionals from the Palestinian Academia as well as international scholars- an approach that diversifies the sources of education and the latest achievements in science and technology.
AAUJ prides itself of being a leading academic institution that is always present in local, regional and international academic forums. It is also an active member of the Association of Arab Universities, the Federation of Islamic Universities and the Association of Private Universities.
The university provides a satisfactory learning environment bolstered by extracurricular activities. Thus, it accepts challenges and capitalizes on opportunities available, so as to adapt, grow and understand change and the resulting rapidly evolving society. The town of Zababdeh is located nearby, within 2 km.    The university has some good facilities including training centers (IT center of Excellence and others), a football stadium, swimming pool and top-notch closed multipurpose sports facility. The Quality Management System of AAUJ has been approved by the International Organization for Standardization (ISO 9001:2008), just to become the first Palestinian university to receive such an international certificate. The following are the graduate and undergraduate programs offered by the seven faculties of the university:
- Faculty of Administrative & Financial Sciences
- Business Administration
- Finance & Banking
- Management Information Systems
- Hospitals Management
- Faculty of Allied Medical Sciences
- Medical Imaging
- Medical Laboratory Sciences
- Health Sciences - with two separate specializations (Tracks)
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
- Faculty of Arts & Sciences
- Biology & Biotechnology
- Industrial Chemistry
- English language - TEFL Track
- English Language - Translation Track
- Mathematics & Statistics
- Arabic Language and Mass Media
- Faculty of Dentistry
- Orthodontics and Pediatric Dentistry
- Faculty of Information Technology and Engineering
- Computer Information Technology (CIT)
- Computer Science (CS)
- Multimedia Technology (MMT)
- Telecommunication Technology Engineering (TCE)
- Computer System Engineering (CSE)
- Faculty of Law
- Fiqh & Law
- Faculty of Graduate Studies
- Master of Business Administration
- Master of Computer Science
- Master of Commercial Law
- Master of Applied Mathematics
- "ARAB AMERICAN UNIVERSITY". aauj.edu. Retrieved 3 February 2014.
- "ARAB AMERICAN UNIVERSITY - JENIN". univerzities.com. Retrieved 3 February 2014.
- "Arab American University-Jenin". topuniversities.com. Retrieved 3 February 2014.
- "ARAB AMERICAN UNIVERSITY - JENIN". 4icu.org. Retrieved 3 February 2014.
|This Palestinian school-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Middle Eastern university, college or other education institution article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|