|Public Limited Company|
|Traded as||DSE: ABBANK|
|Founded||April 2, 1982Dhaka, Bangladeshin|
Number of locations
AB Bank (formerly Arab Bangladesh Bank) is a leading private sector bank in Bangladesh established in 31 December 1981. This was the first joint venture private bank in Bangladesh. On 14 November 2007 Bangladesh bank approved the name change to AB Bank from Arab Bangladesh Bank. A former deputy managing director was charged with embezzling 3.25 billion taka from the bank. In 2014 AB bank completed its acquisition of Cashlink Bangladesh Limited. A former vice president and his wife were sentenced to prison terms for embezzlement from the bank in 2016.
- "Bangladeshi officials, executives choose to learn Chinese to get ahead".
- "Background of AB Bank Limited - AB Bank Limited". Abbl.com. Retrieved 2016-09-08.
- "Arab Bangladesh Bank Limited - Banglapedia". en.banglapedia.org. Retrieved 2016-09-08.
- "Ex-AB Bank DGM held for amassing Tk 325cr". 2016-07-17. Retrieved 2016-09-08.
- "BB general manager arrested". 2016-07-17. Retrieved 2016-09-08.
- "AB Bank completes Cashlink acquisition". 2014-10-18. Retrieved 2016-09-08.
- "Ex-AB Bank official, wife get life term imprisonment". Dhaka Tribune. Retrieved 2016-09-08.
|This Asian bank-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|