|Also spelled||Arab al-Areeda|
|Date of depopulation||May 20, 1948|
|Cause(s) of depopulation||Influence of nearby town's fall|
|Current localities||Sde Eliyahu|
It stood on the Tell al-Ru'yan and Tell al-Qurud sites.
In 1945 it had a population of 150 Muslims and held 700 dunams of land. In 1944/45 a total of 600 dunums of village land was used for cereals, while 100 dunams were classed as uncultivable.
1948 and aftermath
It was captured by Israel's Golani Brigade during Operation Gideon on May 20, 1948. Following the war the area was incorporated into the State of Israel. The Palestinian historian Walid Khalidi, described the village remains in 1992: "No traces are left of the village. The whole village site is planted in wheat. The archaeological site, Tall al-Ru'yan, has been transformed into a garbage dump."
- Department of Statistics, 1945, p. 6
- Government of Palestine, Department of Statistics. Village Statistics, April, 1945. Quoted in Hadawi, 1970, p. 43
- Morris, 2004, p. xvii, village #130. Also gives cause of depopulation
- Khalidi, 1992, p.41
- Mills, 1932, p. 77
- Khalidi, 1992, p.40
- Government of Palestine, Department of Statistics. Village Statistics, April, 1945. Quoted in Hadawi, 1970, p. 84
- Government of Palestine, Department of Statistics. Village Statistics, April, 1945. Quoted in Hadawi, 1970, p. 134
- Department of Statistics (1945). Village Statistics, April, 1945. Government of Palestine.
- Hadawi, Sami (1970). Village Statistics of 1945: A Classification of Land and Area ownership in Palestine. Palestine Liberation Organization Research Center.
- Khalidi, Walid (1992). All That Remains:The Palestinian Villages Occupied and Depopulated by Israel in 1948. Washington D.C.: Institute for Palestine Studies. ISBN 0-88728-224-5.
- Mills, E., ed. (1932). Census of Palestine 1931. Population of Villages, Towns and Administrative Areas. Jerusalem: Government of Palestine.
- Morris, Benny (2004). The Birth of the Palestinian Refugee Problem Revisited. Cambridge University Press. ISBN 978-0-521-00967-6.