Arabesque (Coldplay song)
It has been requested that the title of this article be changed to the relevant discussion. The page should not be moved unless the discussion is closed; summarizing the consensus achieved in support of the move.. Please see
Cover used for 7-inch vinyl "Orphans / Arabesque"
|Single by Coldplay|
|from the album Everyday Life|
|Released||24 October 2019|
|Coldplay singles chronology|
"Arabesque" is a song by British rock band Coldplay from their upcoming eighth studio album Everyday Life. It was released on 24 October 2019, along with the single "Orphans", and will appear on first side of the album Sunrise. It features vocals by Belgian singer Stromae and horn sections by Femi Kuti and his band. The song was written by all band members, American producer Drew Goddard, Femi Kuti and Stromae, while production was handled by The Dream Team. It is the first studio release by the band to feature profanity.
Background and promotion
On 24 October 2019, it was announced that the song would be released as a double single with "Orphans" as the lead singles off Everyday Life. In anticipation of the new era, the band set up a countdown leading up to the release a few hours in advance.
The song has received positive reviews from music critics. Dan Stubbs of NME stated that the song "finds Coldplay in less familiar territory than 'Orphans', in that it has French vocals and a sax freakout that shifts the song into a modern jazz piece that couldn’t be more in tune with the nu-jazz zeitgeist if it tried."  Writing for Under the Radar, Christopher Roberts named "Arabesque" the best song of the week, stating that "'Arabesque' is one of the coolest, most interesting songs the band has released in years".  Christian Eede of The Quietus wrote that "Coldplay are digging up their roots and toying with the base-level fabric of their sound with an attacking, seductive piece that storms trumpet-first.", and named "Arabesque" one of the best tracks of October 2019. 
Credits adapted from the "Orphans / Arabesque" liner notes.
|Belgium (Ultratip Flanders)||8|
|Belgium (Ultratip Wallonia)||20|
- Stubbs, Dan (24 October 2019). "Coldplay's new songs 'Orphans' and 'Arabesque' – reviewed: Jazzier! Classic rock-ier! Fun-er!". NME. Retrieved 2019-10-25.
- Moore, Sam (23 October 2019). "Coldplay announce tracklist for new album 'Everyday Life' in local Welsh newspaper". NME. Retrieved 24 October 2019.
- DeVille, Chris (24 October 2019). "Coldplay – "Orphans" & "Arabesque"". Stereogum. Retrieved 24 October 2019.
- Rowley, Glenn (24 October 2019). "Here's When Coldplay's New Double Album is Arriving -- Oh, Plus 2 New Songs". Billboard. Retrieved 24 October 2019.
- "Orphans / Arabesque / Coldplay – TIDAL". Tidal. Retrieved 24 October 2019.
- White, Jack (24 October 2019). "Coldplay announce tracklist to new double album Everyday Life released on November 22". Official Charts Company. Retrieved 24 October 2019.
- Cross, Alan (24 October 2019). "Coldplay has been quietly planting Easter eggs ahead of their new album". ajournalofmusicalthings.com. Retrieved 24 October 2019.
- Stubbs, Dan (2019-10-24). "Coldplay's new songs 'Orphans' and 'Arabesque' – reviewed". NME. Retrieved 2019-11-03.
- Roberts, Christopher. "8 Best Songs of the Week: Coldplay, Destroyer, Anna Meredith, Wire, and More". undertheradarmag.com. Retrieved 2019-11-03.
- "The Quietus | Features | Music Of The Month: Things We've Loved This October". The Quietus. Retrieved 2019-11-03.
- Coldplay (24 October 2019). Orphans / Arabesque (digital download). Parlophone. Archived from the original on 26 October 2019. Retrieved 26 October 2019.
- "Ultratop.be – Coldplay – Arabesque" (in Dutch). Ultratip. Retrieved 16 November 2019.
- "Ultratop.be – Coldplay – Arabesque" (in French). Ultratip. Retrieved 16 November 2019.
|This 2019 single-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|