Arabian Travel Market
|Arabian Travel Market|
|Venue||Dubai International Convention and Exhibition Centre - Dubai World Trade Centre|
|Country||United Arab Emirates|
|Organised by||Reed Travel Exhibitions|
|Arabian Travel Market|
Arabian Travel Market aka ATM is a travel and tourism event, organized annually in Dubai to provide a platform for inbound and outbound tourism professionals in the Middle East and gives information on tourism destinations, accommodation options, tourism attractions and aviation industry in the Middle East and around the world. The event is organized by Reed Exhibitions.
The event, inaugurated in 1995 and hosted at Dubai International Convention and Exhibition Centre, is aimed at industry and government decision-makers and provides industry news, products and educational content. 2,700 exhibitors from 83 countries, 68 national pavilions and about 21,000 trade visitors from 157 countries participated in the 2014 event. It covered about 25,000 sq. metres of exhibition space and is widely regarded as the largest international tourism and hospitality event in the region. The event has been noticed by global companies like Google, Mövenpick, both sponsors of the 2013 edition of the event, Emirates, Lazio and Alitalia. It has also featured on the World Tourism Organization UNWTO calendar.
Awards and recognitions
ATM won the World Travel Awards, generally considered as the Oscars of the travel industry, for the years, 2009, 2010, 2011 and 2012. It was at the Arabian Travel Market in 2001, the concept of Palm Islands was revealed.
The event recognizes the achievements in the travel and tourism industry by way of Arabian Travel Market awards, distributed annually. It also offers an award, the New Frontier Award, to recognise outstanding contributions to tourism development in the face of overwhelming adversity, supporting the chosen destination by donating exhibition space at the event to the value of US$10,000.
- Aviation to come under spotlight at Arabian Travel Market. Breaking Travel News. 29 April 2013. Retrieved 20 July 2014.
- Cleofe Maceda (04 May 2014). ATM to further promote Dubai as top destination. GulfNews.com. Retrieved 20 July 2014.
- Sarah Algethami (05 May 2014). Arabian Travel Market opens in Dubai. GulfNews.com. Retrieved 20 July 2014.
- Google heads for Arabian Travel Market. Breaking Travel News. (18 March 2013). Retrieved 20 July 2014.
- Gianfranco Nitti (14 May 2014). Lazio back at Arabian travel market. The Italian Insider. Retrieved 20 July 2014.
- Arabian Travel Market. World Tourism Organization UNWTO. Retrieved 20 July 2014.
- 2014 World Travel Awards Press Releases. World Travel Awards. Retrieved 20 July 2014.
- Middle East's Leading Travel Exhibition 2012. World Travel Awards. Retrieved 20 July 2014.
- Middle East's Leading Travel Exhibition 2011. World Travel Awards. Retrieved 20 July 2014.
- Middle East's Leading Travel Exhibition 2010. World Travel Awards. Retrieved 20 July 2014.
- Middle East's Leading Travel Exhibition 2009 World Travel Awards. Retrieved 20 July 2014.
- Jim Krane (2009). Dubai: The Story of the World's Fastest City. Atlantic. ISBN 978-1-84887-007-9.
- Ritz Carlton, Riyadh gets 2 awards at ATM. Arab News. Retrieved 20 July 2014
- New Frontiers Award 2013 shortlist announced Archived May 21, 2014, at the Wayback Machine.. Arabian Travel Market (28 March 2013). Retrieved 20 July 2014.
- Arabian Travel Market names India as recipient of New Frontiers Award 2014. Arabian Travel Market. Retrieved 20 July 2014.
- Event web site
- on Dubai World Trade Centre web site
- News on Hospitality Net
- News on German participation
- Jim Krane (2009). Dubai: The Story of the World's Fastest City. Atlantic Books, Limited. ISBN 978-1-84887-394-0.