|Full name||Arafat Sunny|
29 September 1986 |
|Bowling style||Slow left-arm orthodox|
|ODI debut (cap 110)||17 February 2014 v Sri Lanka|
|Last ODI||19 April 2015 v Pakistan|
|ODI shirt no.||6|
Source: ESPNcricinfo, 06 March 2014
Arafat Sunny (born 29 September 1986) is a Bangladeshi first-class cricketer. A left-handed batsman and slow left arm orthodox bowler, he made his debut for Dhaka Division in the 2001–02 season. He currently plays first-class cricket for Dhaka Metropolis, and Twenty20 cricket for the Rangpur Riders. He has the bowling figures of 4/29 and 4/27 against Zimbabwe in consecutive ODIs in the bilateral series in 2014.
In 2016, he was selected in Bangladesh's squad for the 2016 ICC World Twenty20. However, he was later suspended from bowling in international cricket due to an illegal action bowled during the tournament.
On January 22, 2017 police raided Sunny's home in the Dhaka suburb of Aminbazar after his longtime girlfriend filed a complaint.
"She said Sunny opened up a fake Facebook account of hers and posted their personal photos, which she found offensive and defamatory," local police chief Jamaluddin Mir told AFP.
"We have arrested him and sent him to the court, seeking to take him into custody for five days for questioning."
Sunny could face up to 14 years in jail or a fine of 10 million taka ($126,340).
Sunny along with his mother was under investigation for demanding dowry from a woman, claiming to be his wife. The international player has been charged under the Women and Children Repression Prevention Act. A court ordered them to be put in jail on 13 February 2017 
- "Player Profile: Arafat Sunny". ESPNcricinfo. Retrieved 3 January 2013.
- "Teams Arafat Sunny played for". CricketArchive. Retrieved 3 January 2013. (Subscription required (. ))
- "Taskin and Sunny suspended from bowling due to actions". ESPN Cricinfo. Retrieved 19 March 2016.
- "Offensive photos of girlfriend lands Bangladesh cricketer in jail". Deccan Chronicle. 2017-01-23. Retrieved 2017-02-13.
- "Bangladesh cricketer Arafat Sunny sent to jail". Deccan Chronicle. 2017-02-13. Retrieved 2017-02-13.
- Arafat Sunny at the Official Facebook
|This biographical article about a person related to Bangladeshi cricket born in the 1980s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|