This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Aragon Project logo
|Original author(s)||Luis Cuende, Jorge Izquierdo|
|Initial release||10 February 2017|
|Operating system||Available as a Web app|
|Type||Open-source software, Free software, Decentralized autonomous organization, Decentralized decision-making, Blockchain, Cryptocurrency|
|License||Affero General Public Licensev3, CC0.|
The blockchain-native organizations created on Aragon utilize Ethereum smart contracts and IPFS for a decentralized, peer-to-peer operating system. Aragon is also capable of creating other non-decentralized digital organizations as well.
Luis Cuende who had been coder and an entrepreneur since a young age was initially named as Project Lead for Aragon. His most notable work before Aragon include Asturix and Stampery and was an Advisor to the VP of the European Commission. For Asturix he won the Hack Now contest (in the under-18 category), an award for the best app or "hack" sponsored by HackFwd in Spain. He has also received recognition as Forbes 30 Under 30 and MIT Technology Review, Spanish Edition's Innovators Under 35
Jorge Izquierdo was named as Tech Lead for the project. His previous work included successful iOS apps and he had mostly worked as an iOS Developer. In 2017 he was named as a Thiel Fellow for his work on Aragon.
The development of Aragon was funded in a crowdfunding campaign that took place May 17th 2017. The Aragon Network Token (ANT) sale gathered $25,000,000 in under 15 minutes and was the fourth largest crowdfunding campaign, and second largest in the blockchain space, at the time.
Awards and nominations
|2018||CogX||Outstanding Innovation in Blockchain: Governance||Won|
|2018||The Europas||Hottest Blockchain Protocol Project||Finalist|
- "Aragon on GitHub". GitHub.
- Wilson, Alexandra (6 June 2018). "'Chain Gang: The Boldest Blockchain Companies From The Forbes 30 Under 30". Forbes.
- Introducing Aragon: Unstoppable companies, 10 February 2017
- Luis Iván Cuende - European Commission
- HackNow Winner: Luis Iván Cuende, 22 September 2011
- 30 Under 30 2016 Europe: Technology - Forbes
- Luis Cuende - Innovators Under 35
- Thiel Foundation Announces 2017 Thiel Fellows, 16 June 2017
- Chavez-Dreyfuss, Gertrude (19 May 2017). "Blockchain token sale nets $25 million in under 15 minutes". Reuters.
- @AragonProject on Twitter
- Here are the finalists for The Europas Awards 2018, July 3, London