Arai Station (Niigata)
Arai Station entrance in November 2015
|Location||1 Sakaecho, Myōkō-shi, Niigata-ken 944-0044
|Operated by||Echigo Tokimeki Railway|
|Line(s)||■ Myoko Haneuma Line|
|Distance||21.0 km from Myōkō-Kōgen|
|Platforms||1 island + 1 side platforms|
|Opened||15 August 1886|
|Passengers (FY2015)||1,016 per day|
Arai Station is served by the 37.7 km Echigo Tokimeki Railway Myōkō Haneuma Line from Myōkō-Kōgen to Naoetsu, and is located 21.0 kilometers from the starting point of the line at Myōkō-Kōgen and 58.3 kilometers from Nagano. Two return Shirayuki limited express services and two limited-stop "Rapid" services operate daily between Arai and Niigata.
|1||■ Myōkō Haneuma Line||for Myōkō-Kōgen, Naoetsu, and Niigata|
|2||■ Myōkō Haneuma Line||for Myōkō-Kōgen|
|3||■ Myōkō Haneuma Line||for Myōkō-Kōgen, Naoetsu, and Niigata|
|Echigo Tokimeki Railway Myōkō Haneuma Line|
From 14 March 2015, with the opening of the Hokuriku Shinkansen extension from Nagano to Kanazawa, local passenger operations over sections of the Shinetsu Main Line and Hokuriku Main Line running roughly parallel to the new shinkansen line were reassigned to third-sector railway operating companies. From this date, Arai Station was transferred to the ownership of the third-sector operating company Echigo Tokimeki Railway.
In fiscal 2015, the station was used by an average of 1,016 passengers daily (boarding passengers only).
- Myoko City Office
- Niigata Prefectural Arai High School
- Ishino, Tetsu, ed. (1998). 停車場変遷大辞典 国鉄・JR編 [Station Transition Directory - JNR/JR]. II. Japan: JTB. p. 582. ISBN 4-533-02980-9.
- Osano, Kagetoshi (March 2015). 北陸新幹線並行在来線各社の姿 [Guide to companies operating conventional lines alongside the Hokuriku Shinkansen]. Tetsudō Daiya Jōhō Magazine (in Japanese). Vol. 44 no. 371. Japan: Kōtsū Shimbun. pp. 28–33.
- 平成27年度の乗車状況（平成27年4月1日～平成28年3月31日）［各駅の１日平均乗車人員 [Station passenger figures (Fiscal 2015)] (in Japanese). Japan: Echigo Tokimeki Railway Company. 2016. Archived from the original on 14 August 2016. Retrieved 14 August 2016.
- 新潟県立新井高等学校 [Niigata Prefectural Arai High School]. Official website (in Japanese). Japan: Niigata Prefectural Arai High School. 2011. Retrieved 23 November 2015.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Arai Station (Niigata).|
- Echigo Tokimeki Railway station information (Japanese)