Arambagh (community development block)
|Arambagh (CD Block)
আরামবাগ সমষ্টি উন্নয়ন ব্লক
|community development block|
|• Total||102 km2 (39 sq mi)|
|• Density||2,500/km2 (6,400/sq mi)|
|• Official||Bengali, English|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|Lok Sabha constituency||Arambagh|
|Vidhan Sabha constituency||Arambag, Pursurah|
Arambagh (community development block) is an administrative division in Arambag subdivision of Hooghly district in the Indian state of West Bengal. Arambag police station serves this block. Headquarters of this block is at Arambag.
Arambag is located at.
Gram panchayats of Arambagh block/ panchayat samiti are: Arandi- I, Arandi- II, Batanal, Gourhati I, Gourhati II, Harinkhola I, Harinkhola II, Madhabpur, Mayapur I, Mayapur II, Molaypur I, Molaypur II, Salepur I, Salepur II and Tirol.
As per 2001 census, Arambagh block had a total population of 253,507, out of which 129,944 were males and 123,563 were females. Arambagh block registered a population growth of 13.86 per cent during the 1991-2001 decade. Decadal growth for Hooghly district was 15.72 per cent. Decadal growth in West Bengal was 17.84 per cent.
As per the 2001 census, Arambagh block had a total literacy of 51.85 per cent. While male literacy was 74.51 per cent, female literacy was 41.04 per cent.
- "Contact details of Block Development Officers". Hooghly district. West Bengal Government. Retrieved 2011-04-10.
- "Provisional population totals, West Bengal, Table 4, Hugli district". Census of India 2001. Census Commission of India. Retrieved 2011-04-10.
- "No. 229 (Sanction)-PN/P/II/1G-5/2005(Pt.II) dated 02.02.09". Allotment No. 5 for five districts – Cooch Behar, Burdwan, Uttar Dinajpur, Hooghly and Bankura. Government of West Bengal - Department of Panchayats & Rural Development. Retrieved 2011-08-04.
- "Provisional Population Totals, West Bengal. Table 4". Census of India 2001. Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 21 July 2011. Retrieved 2011-08-04.
- "Arambagh". Local Self-government. Hooghly Zilla Parishad. Retrieved 2011-08-04.