|Edited by||L. Kesavan|
Red Sun Art Creations
Aranmanai Kili (transl. Palatial parrot) is a 1993 Indian Tamil-language romantic drama film written, produced and directed by Rajkiran in his directorial debut. He also stars as the male lead, with Ahana and Gayathri as the female leads. The film was released on 16 April 1993. It was remade in Telugu as Maa Voori Maaraju (1995), and in Kannada as Neelakanta (2006).
Raasaiyya is a servant of a rich family which belongs to Poongodi, who secretly loves him. While Chellamma, a poor girl, was kidnapped and forced into prostitution, Raasaiyya saves her and takes her to his village. It remains to be seen what fate has in store for the three of them.
- Rajkiran as Raasaiyya
- Ahana as Poongodi
- Gayathri as Chellamma
- Vadivelu as Kaththayya
- C. R. Vijayakumari as Raasaiya's mother
- Sangili Murugan as Raasaiya's father
- Ilavarasi as Poongodi's mother
- V. Nambirajan as Poongodi's uncle
- Kanal Kannan as Henchman (special appearance)
Aranmanai Kili is the directorial debut of Rajkiran who also produced the film, wrote the script and starred as the male lead. The film is the acting debut for Ahana and Gayathri; both were chosen from over 300 girls who auditioned. Cinematography was handled by Kichas.
|1.||"Amman Kovil"||Swarnalatha, Minmini||Muthulingham||5:01|
|2.||"Adi Poonguyile"||Mano, Minmini||Vaali||5:07|
|5.||"Nattu Vacha Roja"||P. Susheela||Piraisoodan||5:08|
|6.||"Raasave Unnai Vida"||S. Janaki||Vaali||4:28|
|8.||"Rathiriyil Paadum"||Arunmozhi, Minmini, Malaysia Vasudevan||Vaali||4:53|
|9.||"En Thaayenum Koil"||Ilaiyaraaja||Ponnadiyaan||4:53|
Release and reception
Aranmanai Kili was released on 16 April 1993. Malini Mannath wrote in The Indian Express, "The film-maker reportedly delayed the shooting as he had not found a suitable heroine. He could have waited a little longer!". K. Vijiyin of New Straits Times wrote "Go and watch this movie with an open mind. You may then able to enjoy Aranmanai Kili".
- Chowdhary, Y. Sunita (5 June 2017). "Kanal Kannan: Fighting for fame". The Hindu. Retrieved 14 June 2019.
- Vijayasarathy, R G (22 December 2006). "Neelakanta: Time-pass ride". Rediff.com. Retrieved 14 June 2019.
- Mannath, Malini (30 April 1993). "Caught in a bind". The Indian Express. p. 7.
- Vijiyin, K. (22 May 1993). "It's more than a love story". New Straits Times. p. 39.
- "Aranmanaikili". The Indian Express. 16 April 1993. p. 4.
- "Aranmanai Kili (1993)". Raaga.com. Archived from the original on 9 August 2014. Retrieved 14 June 2019.