C. R. Vijayakumari
|Edited by||L. Kesavan|
Red Sun Art Creations
|Distributed by||Red Sun Art Creations|
Aranmanai Kili (Parrot of the palace) is a 1993 Tamil film written, produced and directed by Rajkiran, who also stars himself in lead role, with Ahana and Gayathri as heroines. The film was remade in Telugu as Maa Voori Maaraju, with Arjun and in Kannada as Neelakanta (2006), with V. Ravichandran.
Raasaiyya (Rajkiran) works as a servant for a rich family which belongs to Pongoodi (Ahana), who secretly loves him. While Chellamma (Gayathri), a poor girl, was kidnapped and forced into prostitution, Raasaiyya saves her and takes her to his village. It remains to be seen what fate has in store for the three of them.
- Rajkiran as Raasaiyya
- Ahana as Poongodi
- Gayathri as Chellamma
- Vadivelu as Kaththayya
- C. R. Vijayakumari as Raasaiya's mother
- Sangili Murugan
- Ilavarasi as Poongodi's mother
- V. Nambirajan as Poongodi's uncle
- "Adi Poonguyile" - Mano, Minmini Lyrics: Vaali.
- "Amman Kovil" - Swarnalatha, Minmini
- "Raasave Unnai Vida" - S. Janaki
- "Rathiriyil Paadum" - Malaysia Vasudevan, Mano, Minmini
- "Vaanmathiye" - S. Janaki
- "Nattu Vacha Roja" - P. Susheela
- "Ramera Ninakkum Anumaer" - Ilaiyaraaja
- "En Thaayenum Koil" - Ilaiyaraaja
- "Idhayame Poguthey" - Malaysia Vasudevan
Malini Mannath wrote in The Indian Express, "The film-maker reportedly delayed the shooting as he had not found a suitable heroine. He could have waited a little longer!".
|This article about a Tamil-language film of the 1990s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|