Aransas Pass Independent School District
|Aransas Pass Independent School District|
|244 W Harrison Blvd.|
Aransas Pass, Texas
|Type||Independent school district|
|Grades||Pre-K through 12|
|Students and staff|
|Teachers||152.10 (2009-10) (on full-time equivalent (FTE) basis)|
|Student-teacher ratio||12.37 (2009-10)|
|Athletic conference||UIL Class 2A Football Division I|
|TEA District Accountability Rating for 2011-12||Academically Acceptable|
|Website||Aransas Pass ISD|
Aransas Pass Independent School District is a public school district based in Aransas Pass, Texas (USA). Aransas Pass serves portions of Aransas, Nueces, and San Patricio counties, including the city of Aransas Pass. The district operates one high school, Aransas Pass High School.
As of the 2010-2011 school year, the appraised valuation of property in the district was $625,578,000. The maintenance tax rate was $0.103 and the bond tax rate was $0.004 per $100 of appraised valuation.
In 2011, the school district was rated "academically acceptable" by the Texas Education Agency. Forty-nine percent of districts in Texas in 2011 received the same rating. No state accountability ratings will be given to districts in 2012. A school district in Texas can receive one of four possible rankings from the Texas Education Agency: Exemplary (the highest possible ranking), Recognized, Academically Acceptable, and Academically Unacceptable (the lowest possible ranking).
Historical district TEA accountability ratings
- 2011: Academically Acceptable
- 2010: Recognized
- 2009: Academically Acceptable
- 2008: Academically Acceptable
- 2007: Academically Acceptable
- 2006: Academically Acceptable
- 2005: Academically Acceptable
- 2004: Academically Acceptable
In the 2011-2012 school year, the district had students in six schools.
- Regular instructional
- Aransas Pass High School (Grades 9-12)
- A.C. Blunt Middle School (Grades 7-8)
- Charlie Marshall Elementary School (Grades 4-6)
- Kieberger Elementary School (Grades 2-3)
- H.T. Faulk Early Childhood School (Grades PK-1)
- Alternative instructional
- Aransas Pass JJAEP (Grades 6-12)
Aransas Pass High School participates in the boys sports of baseball, basketball, football, and wrestling. The school participates in the girls sports of basketball, softball, and volleyball. For the 2012 through 2014 school years, Aransas Pass High School will play football in Class 2A Division I. In 1998 the Panthers was 3a division 2 state semifinalists. It was by far the best team in AP history.
- "Texas School Directory 2012" (PDF). Texas Education Agency. Retrieved 16 July 2012.
- "Search for Public School Districts – District Detail for Aransas Pass ISD". National Center for Education Statistics. Institute of Education Sciences. Retrieved 16 July 2012.
- "UIL Alignments". University Interscholastic League. Retrieved 16 July 2012.
- "Aransas Pass High School". CBS Interactive. Retrieved 16 July 2012.
- "Texas Accountability System District Ratings for 2004 through 2011". Texas Education Agency. Archived from the original on 2 July 2012. Retrieved 16 July 2012.
- "Texas Accountability System Summary of Ratings for 2004 through 2011(as of November 2, 2011) District Ratings by Rating Category (including Charter Operators)". Texas Education Agency. Archived from the original on 7 August 2012. Retrieved 11 August 2012.
- "Accountability Rating System for Texas Public Schools and Districts". Texas Education Agency. Archived from the original on 24 August 2012. Retrieved 11 August 2012.