Κρατικός Αερολιμένας Αράξου
|Airport type||Public / Military|
|Owner||Greek Armed Forces|
|Operator||Hellenic Air Force and HCAA|
|Serves||Patras and Pyrgos, Greece|
|Elevation AMSL||46 ft / 14 m|
Araxos Airport (Greek: Αεροδρόμιο Αράξου) (IATA: GPA, ICAO: LGRX) is the airport of Patras, the third-largest city in Greece. It serves as a combined civilian and military airport and is located near the namesaking village of Araxos, Achaea. It is also known as Agamemnon Airport and primarily is used as an active air base for the Hellenic Air Force, with some civilian services to European destinations during the summer months.
116th Combat Wing
The airport has served as the home base of the Hellenic Air Force's 116th Combat Wing (116 Πτέρυγα Μάχης) since May 1969, and of its precursor the 116th Combat Group (116 Σμηναρχία Μάχης) since April 1962. It currently comprises the 336th Bomber Squadron and 335th Squadron.
Airlines and destinations
|Austrian Airlines||Seasonal: Vienna|
|Belavia||Seasonal charter: Minsk|
|Bravo Airways||Seasonal charter: Kiev-Zhuliany (begins 15 June 2017, ends 17 September 2017)|
|El Al||Seasonal charter: Tel Aviv–Ben Gurion|
|Israir Airlines||Seasonal charter: Tel Aviv–Ben Gurion|
|Nordavia||Seasonal charter: Moscow–Sheremetyevo|
|NordStar||Seasonal charter: Moscow–Domodedovo|
|TUIfly||Seasonal: Düsseldorf, Frankfurt, Hanover , Munich, Stuttgart|
|TUIfly Belgium||Seasonal: Brussels (begins 9 May 2017), Lille (begins 4 May 2017)|
|VIM Airlines||Seasonal charter: Moscow–Domodedovo|
- "ARAXOS AIRPORT". ypa.gr. Retrieved 10 June 2016.
- Airport information for LGRX at World Aero Data. Data current as of October 2006.
- Airport information for GPA at Great Circle Mapper.
- "116 Combat Wing". Hellenic Air Force. Retrieved 20 March 2014.
- "Πρόγραμμα πτήσεων". Retrieved 9 May 2015.
- "Online Flight Timetable Ben Gurion Airport". iaa.gov.il. Retrieved 9 May 2015.
- "Season timetable destination: Patras". svo.aero. Sheremetyevo International Airport.
- "Flight Schedules". domodedovo.ru. Retrieved 9 May 2015.