Patras Araxos Airport
Κρατικός Αερολιμένας Αράξου
|Airport type||Public / military|
|Owner||Greek Armed Forces|
|Operator||Hellenic Air Force and HCAA|
|Serves||Patras and Pyrgos, Greece|
|Elevation AMSL||46 ft / 14 m|
Araxos Airport (Greek: Αεροδρόμιο Αράξου) (IATA: GPA, ICAO: LGRX) is the airport of Patras, the third-largest city in Greece. It serves as a combined civilian and military airport and is located near its namesake, the village of Araxos, Achaea. It is also known as Agamemnon Airport and primarily is used as an active air base for the Hellenic Air Force, with some civilian services to European destinations during the summer months. The airport facilities were very limited until 2007, when the construction of a new 1,477 m2 arrivals building was completed. Today the airport terminal covers a total area of 2,300 m2.
116th Combat Wing
The airport has served as the home base of the Hellenic Air Force's 116th Combat Wing (116 Πτέρυγα Μάχης) since May 1969, and of its precursor the 116th Combat Group (116 Σμηναρχία Μάχης) since April 1962. It currently comprises the 336th Bomber Squadron and 335th Squadron. The main aircraft used by both squadrons is F-16 Block 52+ Advanced.
Airlines and destinations
|Austrian Airlines||Seasonal: Vienna|
|Belavia||Seasonal charter: Minsk|
|GetJet Airlines||Seasonal charter: Vilnius|
|Nordavia||Seasonal charter: Moscow–Sheremetyevo|
|SmartLynx Airlines Estonia||Seasonal charter: Tallinn|
|TUI fly Belgium||Seasonal: Brussels|
|TUI fly Deutschland||Seasonal: Düsseldorf, Frankfurt, Hanover, Munich, Stuttgart|
|Windrose Airlines||Seasonal: Kiev–Boryspil|
|Yakutia Airlines||Seasonal charter: Moscow–Vnukovo|
- "ARAXOS AIRPORT". ypa.gr. Retrieved 10 June 2016.
- Airport information for LGRX at World Aero Data. Data current as of October 2006.
- Airport information for GPA at Great Circle Mapper.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2013-02-17. Retrieved 2015-04-10.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
-  Araxos Airport official website
- Hellenic Civil Aviation Authority, presentation of the airport
- "116 Combat Wing". Hellenic Air Force. Retrieved 20 March 2014.
- "Flight". mouzenidis.com.
- "Flight Schedules and Airline Availability". tez-tour.com.
- "Season timetable destination: Patras". svo.aero. Sheremetyevo International Airport.
- KTEL Achaias Bus services to Araxos airport (in Greek)