|State Minister of Artsakh|
25 September 2017 – 6 June 2018
|Preceded by||Office created|
|Succeeded by||Grigory Martirosyan|
|6th Prime Minister of Artsakh|
14 September 2007 – 25 September 2017
|Preceded by||Anushavan Danielyan|
|Succeeded by||Office abolished|
|Born||14 December 1973|
Stepanakert, Nagorno-Karabakh, Soviet Union
|Political party||Free Motherland|
|Children||Married, has three daughters|
|Alma mater||Yerevan State Institute of Economy|
|Service/branch||Artsakh Defense Army|
|Years of service||1992–1995|
Arayik Harutyunyan (Armenian: Արայիկ Հարությունյան; born 14 December 1973) is a politician, State Minister from 2017 to 2018 and former Prime Minister of the Republic of Artsakh (formerly Nagorno-Karabakh). He was suggested by the President of Artsakh Bako Sahakyan and was unanimously approved by the Parliament of Artsakh on 14 September 2007, by 32 out of 32 present parliamentarians. His term ended on 25 September 2017, following a constitutional amendment that abolished the office of prime minister. On the same day, he was appointed as State Minister by decree of the President.
- 1990–1994 – The National Economy Institute of Yerevan
- 1994 – moved to the economics department of Artsakh State University, graduated in 1995
- 1996–1998 postgraduate course of Artsakh State University - economist.
- 2013 – defended a thesis as a candidate of technical sciences
- 1995–1997 NKR ministry of finance and economy – assistant to the minister.
- 1997–1999 Armagrobank Askeran branch – bank executive.
- 1999–2004 bank executive at the Armagrobank Stepanakert branch.
- 2005 – elected as a deputy of NKR National Assembly. Served for two years as the chairman of the NA's Constant Commission of Financial and Economic Issues Management. At the same time, served as head of the Hayrenik faction, and co-chairman of Azat Hayrenik party.
- 2005–2007 chairman of Azat Hayrenik party.
- September 14, 2007 by decree of the NKR President, Haroutyunyan was appointed Prime Minister.
- 2009 re-elected as the chairman of Azat Hayrenik party.
- 2012 by decree of the NKR President was reappointed Prime Minister of NKR.
- September 25, 2017 by the decree of the Artsakh Republic President was appointed as State Minister of Artsakh Republic.
During the parliamentary elections in Nagorno Karabakh in June 2005 Arayik Harutyunyan created Free Motherland Party. The party consisted of the young businessmen of Karabakh won 10 out of 33 seats in the parliament. In newly elected parliament Arayik Harutyunyan headed the commission on financial, budget and economy management.
First speech as Prime Minister
His first speech as a Prime Minister was full of promises to revive the economy, democracy and social justice in the country. The urgent steps that the new Prime Minister promised to take, included ‘fighting against corruption, protectionism, the clan system and social evils’.
Honours and awards
- Awarded with the medal “For liberation of Shushi” and decorated with the order “Martial Cross” 2nd degree.
- By the decree of the NKR President dated August 30, 2016 Harutyunyan was decorated with the order “Grigor Lusavorich” for his services rendered to the Nagorno Karabakh Republic and on the occasion of the 25th anniversary of the proclamation of NKR.
- "Decrees on structure and composition of the government" Website of the NKR President
- "State Minister": Government of Nagorno Karabakh Republic
- "Нужно дождаться распада Российской империи": Нагорный Карабах за неделю - Новости России - ИА REGNUM
- Новый кабинет министров Нагорного Карабаха будет вести решительную борьбу со взяточничеством, протекционизмом и клановостью - Новости Карабаха - ИА REGNUM Archived September 30, 2007, at the Wayback Machine.
| Prime Minister of the Republic of Artsakh