Not to be confused with the original Arborfield in England.
|Region||Central Northeast Saskatchewan|
|Census division||No. 14|
|Rural Municipality||No. 456|
|• Mayor||Alvin Alyea|
|• Aldermen||Bob Kappeller, Bruce Smith, Mike Wassil, Ron Bitzer, Dave Edwards, Kathy Lindsay|
|• Town Administrator||Allan Frisky|
|• Total||0.88 km2 (0.34 sq mi)|
|Postal code||S0E 0A0|
Arborfield (2006 Population 329) is a town in east-central Saskatchewan, Canada, approximately 70 km (43 mi) northeast of Melfort. The town is located on Highway #23 14 km (8.7 mi) west of the Pasquia Hills. Arborfield is approximately 54 km (34 mi) from Nipawin, 53 km (33 mi) from Tisdale, 266 km (165 mi) from Saskatoon and 196 km (122 mi) from Prince Albert.
In 1910, the town requested that it be named Fairfield, but that name was rejected by the post office in Ottawa. Because the offer was received on Arbor Day, the Post Office asked if the residents would accept Arborfield, which it did. As well, the town may have been named for Arborfield, England, the site of an engineering museum.
|Canada census – Arborfield, Saskatchewan community profile|
|Population:||326 (-0.9% from 2006)||329 (-20% from 2001)|
|Land area:||0.88 km2 (0.34 sq mi)||0.88 km2 (0.34 sq mi)|
|Population density:||370.5/km2 (960/sq mi)||373.9/km2 (968/sq mi)|
|Median age:||51.4 (M: 50.9, F: 52.5)||40.4 (M: 39.1, F: 42.0)|
|Total private dwellings:||156||155|
|Median household income:||$33,429|
|References: 2011 2006|
Clubs and Organizations
- Arborfield Elks Lodge #319
- Jordan River Community Club
- Arborfield Health Care
- Royal Canadian Legion
- Hall Committee
- Arborfield School Community Council
- Seniors Group
- Arborfield Curling Club
- Arborfield Skating Rink
- Arborfield Figure Skating Club
- Arborfield Minor Ball
- Arborfield Softball
- "Municipal Directory System". Retrieved February 2013. Check date values in:
- National Archives, Archivia Net. "Post Offices and Postmasters". Archived from the original on 2006-10-06. Retrieved 2014-06-23.
- Government of Saskatchewan, MRD Home. "Municipal Directory System". Archived from the original on 2016-01-15. Retrieved 2014-06-23.
- "2011 Community Profiles". Canada 2011 Census. Statistics Canada. July 5, 2013. Retrieved 2012-11-10.
- "2006 Community Profiles". Canada 2006 Census. Statistics Canada. March 30, 2011. Retrieved 2009-02-24.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Arborfield, Saskatchewan.|
|North: Carrot River|
|West: Zenon Park||Arborfield||East: Hudson Bay|