|Studio album by Keith Jarrett|
|Studio||Tonstudio Bauer, Ludwigsburg, West Germany|
|Genre||Jazz, ambient music|
|Keith Jarrett chronology|
Arbour Zena is an album composed by American pianist Keith Jarrett featuring saxophonist Jan Garbarek, bassist Charlie Haden and the Stuttgart Radio Symphony Orchestra conducted by Mladen Gutesha which was released on the ECM label in 1975.
The Allmusic review by Richard S. Ginell awarded the album 3 stars and states "although this music can be attractive in small doses, the lack of tempo or texture contrasts over long stretches of time – particularly the nearly 28-minute "Mirrors" – which can be annoying if you're not in the right blissful mood".
|The Penguin Guide to Jazz|||
|The Rolling Stone Jazz Record Guide|||
All compositions by Keith Jarrett.
- "Runes" - 15:24
- "Solara March" - 9:48
- "Mirrors" - 27:47
- Keith Jarrett - piano, composer
- Jan Garbarek - tenor saxophone, soprano saxophone
- Charlie Haden - bass
- Stuttgart Radio Symphony Orchestra - conductor Mladen Gutesha
- Keith Jarrett discography accessed April 22, 2010
- Ginell, R. S. Allmusic Review accessed April 22, 2010
- Cook, Richard; Morton, Brian (2008). The Penguin Guide to Jazz Recordings (9th ed.). Penguin. p. 771. ISBN 978-0-141-03401-0.
- Swenson, J. (Editor) (1985). The Rolling Stone Jazz Record Guide. USA: Random House/Rolling Stone. p. 112. ISBN 0-394-72643-X.