|• Governor||Yevgeniy Travyanko|
|• Total||969 km2 (374 sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+02:00 (EET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+03:00 (EEST)|
|Area code||+380 5132|
In the beginning of the 19th century, the current area of the district belonged to Yelisavetgradsky Uyezd of Kherson Governorate. In 1816, the areas of Konstantinovskaya and Blagodatnovskaya Volosts were made military settlements. In 1828, Yelisavetgradsky Uyezd was merged with Olviopolsky Uyezd into Bobrinetsky Uyezd. In 1857, military settlements were abolished. In 1865, the administrative center of Bobrinetsky Uyezd was moved to Yelisavetgrad, and the uyezd was renamed Yelisavetgradsky. On 16 April 1920, Kherson Governorate was renamed Nikolayev Governorate, and on 21 October 1922, it was merged into Odessa Governorate. In 1923, uyezds in Ukrainian Soviet Socialist Republic were abolished, and the governorates were divided into okruhas. In 1925, the governorates were abolished, and okruhas were directly subordinated to Ukrainian SSR. In 1930, okruhas were abolished, and in 1931, Arbuzynka Raion, with the administrative center in Harbuzynka, was established. On 27 February 1932, Odessa Oblast was established, and Arbuzynka Raion was included into Odessa Oblast. In 1944, Arbuzynka Raion was transferred to Mykolaiv Oblast. In 1946, Harbuzynka was renamed Arbuzynka. In January 1963, during the abortive Khrushchyov administrative reform, Arbuzynka Raion was abolished and split between Pervomaisk and Bratske Raions. In 1966, Arbuzynka Raion was re-established. In 1967, Arbuzynka was granted urban-type settlement status.
- "Чисельність наявного населення України (Actual population of Ukraine)" (PDF) (in Ukrainian). State Statistics Service of Ukraine. Retrieved 1 July 2016.
- Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine Archived March 4, 2016, at the Wayback Machine - Informational website
- http://arbrayrada.mk.ua/i - Information Portal
- "Фрагменты истории Арбузинского района" (in Russian). Новый Город. Retrieved 4 March 2016.
- "Районы Николаевской области" (in Russian). Николаевская область. Электронная историческая энциклопедия. Retrieved 6 March 2016.