||This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (July 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|An HP Company|
|Industry||Computer software, Cyber security management, Enterprise software|
|Fate||Acquired by Hewlett-Packard|
|Headquarters||Sunnyvale, California, USA|
HP ArcSight is a cyber security company founded in 2000 that provides big data security analytics and intelligence software for security information and event management (SIEM) and log management solutions. ArcSight is designed to help customers identify and prioritize security threats, organize and track incident response activities, and simplify audit and compliance activities. May 2013 marked the 10th consecutive year that Gartner Magic Quadrant for SIEM rated ArcSight in the leader’s quadrant. HP ArcSight is headquartered in Sunnyvale, California, USA.
ArcSight was incorporated in May 2000. Silicon Valley Internet Capital was the initial lead investor. Alex Daly was the founding CEO, who was previously CEO of Cygnus Solutions, acquired by Red Hat. Pravin Kothari was the founding Vice President of Engineering. Kleiner Perkins and In-Q-Tel, the US Central Intelligence Agency’s venture-capital arm, became investors via second and third rounds in 2002. Other early investors included Integral Capital Partners, Institutional Venture Partners, New Enterprise Associates, and Samsung Ventures.
ArcSight filed for initial public offering on September 11, 2007 and offered its shares on February 14, 2008 under symbol ARST. It was the only Silicon Valley company to enter Nasdaq in 2008, during the Great Recession when few other technology companies went public. In September 2010, Hewlett-Packard (HP) announced an agreement to acquire ArcSight for approximately $1.5 billion. On October 22, 2010, it completed its acquisition. ArcSight said it had more than a thousand customers at that time.
- Timothy Prickett Morgan (September 12, 2010). "HP eyes $1.46bn ArcSight security buy: Hey, Dell. Wanna bid higher?". The Register. Retrieved October 9, 2013.
- "HP ArcSight is named in leaders quadrant in Gartner 2013 SIEM report, 10 years in a row and counting".
- "SVIC Founder and CEO Robert W. Shaw Joins Zero-Knowledge Systems' Board of Directors". Press release. February 13, 2000. Retrieved October 9, 2013.
- "Executive Profile & Biography - Businessweek". Executive Profile. Bloomberg Businessweek. Retrieved July 21, 2014.
- Who Is a Big Fan of ArcSight? The CIA
- cnnmoney.com: "Early investor secures big profit on ArcSight sale." September 13, 2010.
- "Prospectus". Form S-1. US Securities and Exchange Commission. December 7, 2007. Retrieved October 9, 2013.
- silicontap: "ArcSight Prices IPO." February 14, 2008.
- San Jose Business Journal: “Grierson helped lead ArcSight, valley's only IPO of 2008.” Tanner. Nov. 2009
- “HP To Acquire ArcSight.” Sept. 13, 2010
- HP News Release. "HP Completes Acquisition of ArcSight." Oct. 2010
- San Jose Mercury News. “Hewlett-Packard completes $1.5B ArcSight acquisition.” Russell. October 2010
- geek.com: "HP buys security software vendor ArcSight for $1.5 billion." September 14, 2010.