|Elevation||11,780 ft (3,591 m) NAVD 88|
|Prominence||5,213 ft (1,589 m) |
|Location||Nye County, Nevada, U.S.|
|Parent range||Toiyabe Range|
|Topo map||USGS Arc Dome|
|Easiest route||Hike along the North ridge, class 1|
Arc Dome is the highest mountain of the Toiyabe Range in northwestern Nye County, Nevada, United States. It is the thirteenth-highest mountain in the state. Arc Dome also ranks as the second-most topographically prominent peak in Nye County and the eighth-most prominent peak in the state. The peak is located about 53 miles (85 km) north of the community of Tonopah, within the Arc Dome Wilderness of the Humboldt-Toiyabe National Forest.
Arc Dome is sometimes confused with Toiyabe Dome, but these are separate peaks. Toiyabe Dome at 11,361 feet (3,463 m) is about 5 miles (8.0 km) southeast of Arc Dome, above the small community of Carvers, Nevada.
- "Desert Peaks Section List" (PDF). Angeles Chapter, Sierra Club.
- "Great Basin Peaks List". Toiyabe Chapter, Sierra Club.
- "Toiyabe Dome Reset". NGS data sheet. U.S. National Geodetic Survey. Retrieved 2008-04-03.
- "Arc Dome, Nevada". Peakbagger.com. Retrieved 2008-04-03.
- "Nevada 11,000-foot Peaks". Peakbagger.com. Retrieved 2014-10-22.
- "Nevada Peaks with 2000 feet of Prominence". Peakbagger.com. Retrieved 2014-10-23.
- "Toiyabe Dome". SummitPost.org. Retrieved 2011-05-15.
- "Arc Dome". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2008-04-03.
- "Arc Dome". SummitPost.org. Retrieved 2011-05-15.
|This Nevada state location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|