This article needs additional citations for verification. (November 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Headquarters||Panorama City, California, U.S.A.|
Orbital Welding Systems
Number of employees
211 (U.S.A.) |
Arc Machines, Switzerland |
Arc Machines UK, Ltd.
Arc Machines, GmbH
Exel Orbital Products
Arc Machines, Inc. is an American company that designs, manufactures and distributes advanced automated orbital welding equipment, systems and services. Founded in 1976, Arc Machines is headquartered in Pacoima, California with offices in Switzerland, Germany, the United Kingdom, and India plus a network of domestic and international representatives in more than 55 countries worldwide.
Arc Machines, Inc. (AMI), was created in 1976 to provide engineering solutions for custom applications requiring reliable automatic orbital welding equipment that produces high quality, repeatable welds mainly in the semiconductor and nuclear industries. From its early development as an inferior welding process for the semiconductor industry, AMI has been expanding its orbital welding technology and now serves the needs of many other industries such as food processing, pharmaceutical, offshore, biotechnology, shipbuilding, nuclear, power generation and aerospace, among others.
- 1985 Arc Machines Europe - Gland, Switzerland.
- 1991 Arc Machines UK, Ltd. - Daventry, United Kingdom.
- 1993 Arc Machines, GmbH. - Much, Germany.
- 2008 Acquisition of Exel Orbital Products in the U.S.A.
Industries using automated orbital welding:
- Official website
- Achieving quality weld results in a biopharmaceutical plant (Article)
- Documenting welds from an orbital welding power supply (Article)
- Hot wire narrow groove welding and cladding with nickel-based alloys (Technical Paper)
- Orbital welding of stainless steel tubing for biopharmaceutical, food and dairy applications (Article)
- Installation of pharmaceutical process piping (Case Study)