Some of this article's listed sources may not be reliable. (January 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guidelines for products and services. (May 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
First generation Arc Mouse
|Also known as||Surface Arc Mouse|
Arc Touch Mouse
The Arc Mouse is a family of portable computer mice produced by Microsoft. A mobile mouse, the device has evolved over a number of years, including special editions designed to coordinate with the company's Surface family of computers. All versions of the Arc Mouse are folding and include scrolling capability, and the first version was released in 2008.
Initially release in 2008, Microsoft positioned the Arc Mouse as a fashionable, portable mouse. Available in black or red, the mouse featured a folding design. Wireless communication was provided over 2.4 GHz, and the mouse used a laser for tracking.
Arc Touch Mouse
An updated version, the Arc Touch Mouse, changed the design and main interface points, and was released in 2010. Instead of folding for portability, the Touch Mouse flattens from its curved "in-use" shape. In place of the scroll wheel on the original, the second version features a capacitive touch strip for scrolling. The touch strip is speed sensitive, includes 3 buttons (1 each for page up and page down, and 1 programmable), and features haptic feedback.
Arc Touch Bluetooth Mouse
Surface Arc Mouse
Announced along with the Surface Laptop in 2017, the Surface Arc Mouse replaces the buttons and touch strip with a large capacitive touch surface, and it's available in colors that match the new laptop.
- "Review: Microsoft Arc Mouse". Macworld. Retrieved 2017-05-02.
- "Microsoft Arc Mouse: Where Fashion and Technology Collide" (Press release). Microsoft. 2008-09-09. Retrieved 2017-05-04.
- Coldewey, Devin. "Review: Microsoft Arc Touch Mouse". TechCrunch. Retrieved 2017-05-02.
- "Microsoft Arc Touch Mouse seriously, finally, officially announced, doesn't ship until December". Engadget. Retrieved 2017-05-02.
- "Think the Mouse Is Dead? Think Again With Microsoft's Arc Touch Mouse". News Center (Press release). Microsoft. 2010-09-01. Retrieved 2017-05-05.
- Coldewey, Devin. "Review: Microsoft Arc Touch Mouse". TechCrunch. Retrieved 2017-05-05.
- "Microsoft Arc Touch Bluetooth Mouse Review". winsupersite.com. Retrieved 2017-05-05.
- "Microsoft unveils Surface 2, Surface Pro 2 and new accessories". News Center (Press release). Microsoft. 2013-09-23. Retrieved 2017-05-05.
- "Microsoft's lie-flat Surface Arc mouse is a new take on an old design". Engadget. Retrieved 2017-05-05.