This article may be confusing or unclear to readers. (November 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Dan Krech Productions (1985–2000)|
DKP Studios (2000–2006)
IDT Entertainment (2006)
Starz Animation (2006–2011)
Arc Productions (2011–2016)
|Owner||Boat Rocker Media|
|Parent||Independent (1985–2006, 2011–2016)|
IDT Entertainment (2006)
Starz Inc. (2006–2011)
Jam Filled Entertainment (2016–present)
|Divisions||Attitude Studio Luxembourg|
Arc Productions is a Canadian animation and visual effects studio based in Toronto, Ontario. It was owned by a Canadian investor group, with former owner Starz Inc. as a minority stakeholder. As of 2016, Arc serves as a subsidiary of Jam Filled Entertainment, a division of Boat Rocker Media. Since 2016 it has been referred to as Jam Filled Toronto.
In 2006, U.S. telecom company IDT Corp. purchased the studio from the founders of DKP Studios. IDT had already acquired in 2003 controlling interest of Film Roman and Anchor Bay Entertainment Group.
On May 26, 2006, Starz Media's parent company Liberty Media bought IDT Entertainment from IDT, including Anchor Bay Entertainment and Film Roman. Under its new management in 2007, the studio began a "Starz Shortz" program which has produced Bundle of Joy, Enter the Sandbox, Ormie and Lovebirds. In 2007, Starz Animation took over animating Shane Acker's feature 9 from Attitude Studio, Luxembourg. In 2010, the studio opened a major VFX wing to create all the effects for the new Starz Channel/Graham King Productions miniseries, Camelot, Alcon Entertainment's Dolphin Tale, and producer Avi Arad's family feature, Robosapien: Rebooted.
In April 2011, the Starz Animation was sold to a Canadian consortium, and renamed itself to Arc Productions. Under the new owner, the studio was planning to do more proprietary production.
On August 1, 2016, Arc Productions announced that they were closing down the studio because they were filing for bankruptcy and locked out over 500 employees after telling them there was a payroll glitch and no one had been paid. On August 10, 2016, following Arc's closure, Jam Filled Entertainment has entered an agreement to acquire Arc Productions' assets in which they call "substantially all of the business". Jam Filled Entertainment also acquired 248 of Arc's former employees. Later on August 22, 2016, Arc Productions (which was re-branded to Jam Filled Productions in Toronto)) reopened and reentered business.
Jam Filled Entertainment/Jam Filled Toronto
- The Casagrandes (2019)
- DC Super Hero Girls (2019–present)
- Pinky Malinky (2019–present)
- Final Space (2018–present)
- Kody Kapow (2017)
- Journey Beyond Sodor (2017)
- The Loud House (2016–present)
- Elena of Avalor (2016)
- Rusty Rivets (2015 (as Arc Productions) –present (as Jam Filled Toronto))
- Numb Chucks (2014–2016)
- Thomas & Friends (2013 (as Arc Productions until 2016) –present (as Jam Filled Toronto from 2016 onward)
- Camp Lakebottom (2013–2017)
- Almost Naked Animals (2011–2013)
- Blazing Samurai (TBA)
- Tarzan and Jane (2017)
- Lost in Oz (2016)
- Barbie: Star Light Adventure (2016)
- Trollhunters (2016)
- Thomas & Friends: The Great Race (2016)
- Ice Age: The Great Egg-Scapade (2016)
- Before I Wake (2016) (special effects)
- Lego Marvel Super Heroes: Avengers Reassembled (2015)
- Barbie and Her Sisters in the Great Puppy Adventure (2015)
- Sodor's Legend of the Lost Treasure (2015)
- Little Boy (2015; with Open Road Films and Metonia Films)
- Thomas & Friends: The Adventure Begins (2015)
- Tale of the Brave (2014)
- King of the Railway (2013)
- Barbie and Her Sisters in A Pony Tale (2013)
- Robosapien: Rebooted (2013)
- Pixie Hollow Bake Off (2013)
- Lego Marvel Super Heroes: Maximum Overload (2013)
- Thomas & Friends (2013 (as Arc Productions) –present (as Jam Filled Toronto))
- Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn (2012) (provided visual effects)
- Barbie: Life in the Dreamhouse (2012–2015)
- Dolphin Tale (2011)
- Hoodwinked Too! Hood vs. Evil (2011)
- Camelot (2011) (TV)
- Dinosaur Train ("Dinosaurs A to Z, Part 1, The Big Idea") (2012)
- Gnomeo & Juliet (2011)
- The Simpsons ("Condiments" sequence) (2011)
- Matt Hatter Chronicles (2011)
- Yes, Virginia (2009) (TV)
- 9 (2009; with Focus Features and Relativity Media)
- Bouge avec Mimik! (2009) (3D Animated TV Series)
- Chop Socky Chooks (2008) (TV)
- Space Chimps (2008; with 20th Century Fox and Vanguard Animation)
- The Pirates Who Don't Do Anything: A VeggieTales Movie (2008)
- VeggieTales (2006–08)
DKP Studios and IDT Entertainment
- Everyone's Hero (2006; with 20th Century Fox)
- Shoebox Zoo (2005) (TV)
- Surly Squirrel (2005) (short film)
- VeggieTales (2004–06)
- Nerf N-Strike (2004)
- Game Over (2004)
- Scourge of Worlds: A Dungeons & Dragons Adventure (2003) (special effects)
- Dessine avec Piwi! (2003) (3D Animated TV Series)
- 3-2-1 Penguins! (2002-2003)
- Les Vacances de Piwi! (2002-2003) (3D Animated TV Series)
- Joseph: King of Dreams (2000; with DreamWorks Pictures) (special effects)
Dan Krech Productions
- The Nuttiest Nutcracker (1999)
- Siegfried & Roy: The Magic Box (1999) (special effects)
- Télétoon Advance (1999-2000) (3D Animated TV Series)
- Bogus (1996) (special effects)
- National Lampoon's Senior Trip (1995) (special effects)
- Far from Home: The Adventures of Yellow Dog (1995) (special effects)
- High Tide (1994) (title design & graphics)
- Eve of Destruction (1991) (post-production)
- "Starz Animation Toronto Sold to Canadian Investor Group". Cartoon Brew. Archived from the original on 2011-03-08. Retrieved 2011-04-23.
- "DKP acquired by U.S. animator". Playback Magazine. March 29, 2004. Retrieved August 27, 2011.
- "Liberty Media to acquire IDT Entertainment". IDT. May 16, 2006. Archived from the original on 23 July 2011. Retrieved August 27, 2011.
- Lacey, Liam (March 24, 2011). "Animation company aims for 3D without nausea and headaches". The Globe and Mail. Retrieved August 27, 2011.
- "New Starz studio busy on Burton's 9". Playback Magazine. Retrieved 2007-09-17.
- Vlessing, Etan (April 13, 2011). "Starz Animation Studio Renamed Arc Productions". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved August 27, 2011.
- Valiquette, Mike (August 1, 2016). "BREAKING NEWS: Arc Productions Files for Bankruptcy". Retrieved August 2, 2016.
- Wolfe, Jennifer (August 22, 2016). "Jam Filled Entertainment Acquires Arc Productions". Animation World Network. Retrieved September 11, 2016.
- Strom, Marc (November 12, 2015). "TV ULTRON CRASHES THE PARTY IN FIRST 'LEGO MARVEL SUPER HEROES: AVENGERS REASSEMBLED!' CLIP". Marvel. Retrieved January 7, 2017.
- Zahed, Ramin (February 6, 2012). "Arc is on Board HIT's 'Thomas & Friends'". Animation Magazine. Retrieved February 8, 2012.
- "King of the Railway (Thomas and Friends)". Barnes & Noble. Retrieved December 16, 2012.
- "Lego Marvel Super Heroes: Maximum Overload".
- "Arc to Provide Visual Effects for 'Halo 4'". Animation World Network.
- Vlessing, Etan (June 6, 2011). "Arc To Animate 3D TV For Platinum and Endemol". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved January 20, 2013.