Jam Filled Entertainment
This article may be confusing or unclear to readers. (November 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Jam Filled Entertainment:|
Jam Filled Entertainment (September 8, 2007–July 1, 2016)
Jam Filled Toronto:
Dan Krech Productions (September 14, 1989-July 12, 2002)
DKP Studios (December 12, 2001–July 12, 2003)
IDT Entertainment (September 26, 2003-July 21, 2006)
Starz Animation (September 4, 2006–July 25, 2011)
Arc Productions (September 19, 2011–July 1, 2016)
|Headquarters||65 Auriga, |
|Owner||Boat Rocker Media|
|Divisions||Jam Filled Toronto|
Jam Filled Halifax
Jam Filled Entertainment was founded in Manotick in 2007 by Kyle MacDougall, Phil Lafrance, and Jamie Leclaire. In January 2011, Jam Filled moved to a new location in Ottawa. On August 3, 2016, Boat Rocker Media acquired Jam Filled Entertainment. On August 22, Jam Filled purchased the assets of Arc Productions, allowing them to expand into creating CGI animation in Toronto. Jam Filled opened a 10,000 square feet studio in Halifax, Nova Scotia in the fall of 2019 to work on more 2D animation projects.
Jam Filled Toronto
On May 26, 2006, Starz Media's parent company Liberty Media bought IDT Entertainment from IDT, including Anchor Bay Entertainment and Film Roman. Under its new management in 2007, the studio began a "Starz Shortz" program which has produced Bundle of Joy, Enter the Sandbox, Ormie and Lovebirds. In 2007, Starz Animation took over animating Shane Acker's feature 9 from Attitude Studio, Luxembourg. In 2010, the studio opened a major VFX wing to create all the effects for the new Starz Channel/Graham King Productions miniseries, Camelot, Alcon Entertainment's Dolphin Tale, and producer Avi Arad's family feature, Robosapien: Rebooted.
In April 2011, the Starz Animation was sold to a Canadian consortium, and renamed itself to Arc Productions. Under the new owner, the studio was planning to do more proprietary production.
On August 1, 2016, Arc Productions announced that they were closing down the studio because they were filing for bankruptcy and locked out over 500 employees after telling them there was a payroll glitch and no one had been paid. On August 10, 2016, following Arc's closure, Jam Filled Entertainment entered an agreement to acquire Arc Productions' assets in which they call "substantially all of the business". Jam Filled Entertainment also acquired 248 of Arc's former employees. Later on August 22, 2016, Arc Productions was reopened as Jam Filled Entertainment's Toronto facility.
- Almost Naked Animals (January 3, 2011–May 27, 2013)
- Crash Canyon (September 8, 2011–July 13, 2013)
- Camp Lakebottom (July 8, 2013–July 7, 2017)
- The Day My Butt Went Psycho! (September 2, 2013–July 2, 2015)
- Thomas & Friends (August 26, 2013–December 2019; continued from Arc Productions)
- Nickelodeon Animated Shorts Program ("The Loud House", "Off the Shelf", "My Friend Pancake", "Robo Wonder Kid", and "Fur-Ever Family")
- Numb Chucks (January 6, 2014–November 26, 2016)
- The Loud House (May 2, 2016–present)
- Rusty Rivets (November 10, 2016–present; continued from Arc Productions)
- The Bagel and Becky Show (November 3, 2016–July 1, 2017)
- WellieWishers (season 2; August 28, 2017-)
- Thomas & Friends: Journey Beyond Sodor (August 29, 2017-)
- Kody Kapow (June 11, 2017-)
- The Great Northern Candy Drop (TV special; April 3, 2017-)
- Final Space (January 1, 2018–present)
- Thomas & Friends: Big World! Big Adventures! (December 3, 2018-)
- Pinky Malinky (January 2, 2019–present)
- DC Super Hero Girls (March 2, 2019–present)
- The Polos (February 1, 2019–present)
- Bubble Guppies (Season 5; September 3, 2019-present)
- The Casagrandes (October 14, 2019–present)
- Madagascar: A Little Wild (Season 2; 2020)
- Blazing Samurai (2021)
Formerly known as Dan Krech Productions, DKP Effects, DKP Studios, and Starz Animation.
Independent era (1991-1999)
- Eve of Destruction (1991) (post-production)
- High Tide (1994) (title design & graphics)
- Far from Home: The Adventures of Yellow Dog (1995) (special effects)
- National Lampoon's Senior Trip (1995) (special effects)
- Bogus (1996) (special effects)
Dan Krech Productions era (1999-2001)
- Télétoon Advance (1999-2000) (early English version)
- Siegfried & Roy: The Magic Box (1999) (special effects)
- Fisher-Price (1999-2001) (TV commercials)
- The Nuttiest Nutcracker (1999)
- Le Giorgio Show (2000) (early English version)
- Mais où est passé ? Giorgio (early English version)
- Joseph: King of Dreams (2000; with DreamWorks Pictures) (special effects)
- My Little Pony G3 (2001; with SD Entertainment and Fat Rock Entertainment) (pilot presentation)
DKP Effects era (2002-2004)
- Les Vacances de Piwi (2002-2003) (early English version)
- 3-2-1 Penguins! (2002-2003)
- Dessine avec Piwi (2003) (early English version)
- Scourge of Worlds: A Dungeons & Dragons Adventure (2003) (special effects)
- My Little Pony G3 (2003-2004; 1st version with EnSky Studios) (TV commercials)
- Voyage avec Piwi (2004) (early English version)
DKP Studios era (2004-2006)
- Game Over (2004)
- Nerf N-Strike (2004)
- Bouge et Joue avec Piwi (2004) (early English version)
- VeggieTales (2004–05)
- Handy Manny (2004; with Nelvana) (pilot presentation)
- My Little Pony G3 (2004-2006; 2nd version with EnSky Studios and Image-In) (TV commercials)
- Surly Squirrel (2005) (short film)
- Shoebox Zoo (2005) (TV)
- Everyone's Hero (2006; with 20th Century Fox)
Starz Animation era (2006-2009)
- VeggieTales (2006-08)
- The Reef: Shark Bait (2006)
- The Pirates Who Don't Do Anything: A VeggieTales Movie (2008)
- Space Chimps (2008; with 20th Century Fox and Vanguard Animation)
- Chop Socky Chooks (2008) (TV)
- 9 (2009; with Focus Features and Relativity Media)
- Yes, Virginia (2009) (TV)
Arc Productions era
- Matt Hatter Chronicles (2011)
- The Simpsons ("Condiments" sequence) (2011)
- Gnomeo & Juliet (2011)
- Camelot (2011) (visual effects)
- Hoodwinked Too! Hood vs. Evil (2011)
- Dolphin Tale (2011)
- Snack Attack (2012) (short film)
- Barbie: Life in the Dreamhouse (2012–2015)
- Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn (2012) (visual effects)
- Lego Marvel Super Heroes: Maximum Overload (2013)
- Pixie Hollow Bake Off (2013)
- Robosapien: Rebooted (2013)
- Barbie and Her Sisters in A Pony Tale (2013)
- Thomas & Friends: King of the Railway (2013)
- Thomas & Friends: Tale of the Brave (2014)
- Thomas & Friends: The Adventure Begins (2015)
- Little Boy (2015; with Open Road Films and Metonia Films)
- Lost in Oz (pilot; 2015)
- Thomas & Friends: Sodor's Legend of the Lost Treasure (2015)
- Barbie and Her Sisters in the Great Puppy Adventure (2015)
- Lego Marvel Super Heroes: Avengers Reassembled (2015)
- Before I Wake (2016) (special effects)
- Ice Age: The Great Egg-Scapade (2016)
- Thomas & Friends: The Great Race (2016)
- Elena of Avalor (2016)
- Barbie: Star Light Adventure (2016)
- Trollhunters: Tales of Arcadia (2016)
- Tarzan and Jane (2017)
- "Boat Rocker Media Acquires Jam Filled Entertainment". Boat Rocker Media. August 3, 2016.
- "JAM FILLED IS DROPPING ANCHOR IN HALIFAX!". Jam Filled Entertainment. September 23, 2019.
- "DKP acquired by U.S. animator". Playback Magazine. March 29, 2004. Retrieved August 27, 2011.
- "Liberty Media to acquire IDT Entertainment". IDT. May 16, 2006. Archived from the original on 23 July 2011. Retrieved August 27, 2011.
- Lacey, Liam (March 24, 2011). "Animation company aims for 3D without nausea and headaches". The Globe and Mail. Retrieved August 27, 2011.
- "New Starz studio busy on Burton's 9". Playback Magazine. Retrieved 2007-09-17.
- Vlessing, Etan (April 13, 2011). "Starz Animation Studio Renamed Arc Productions". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved August 27, 2011.
- Valiquette, Mike (August 1, 2016). "BREAKING NEWS: Arc Productions Files for Bankruptcy". Retrieved August 2, 2016.
- Wolfe, Jennifer (August 22, 2016). "Jam Filled Entertainment Acquires Arc Productions". Animation World Network. Retrieved September 11, 2016.
- Zahed, Ramin (February 6, 2012). "Arc is on Board HIT's 'Thomas & Friends'". Animation Magazine. Retrieved February 8, 2012.
- Vlessing, Etan (June 6, 2011). "Arc To Animate 3D TV For Platinum and Endemol". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved January 20, 2013.
- "Arc to Provide Visual Effects for 'Halo 4'". Animation World Network.
- "Lego Marvel Super Heroes: Maximum Overload".
- "King of the Railway (Thomas and Friends)". Barnes & Noble. Retrieved December 16, 2012.
- Strom, Marc (November 12, 2015). "TV ULTRON CRASHES THE PARTY IN FIRST 'LEGO MARVEL SUPER HEROES: AVENGERS REASSEMBLED!' CLIP". Marvel. Archived from the original on January 8, 2017. Retrieved January 7, 2017.