|Traded as||Euronext: ARCAD|
|Peter Oosterveer (CEO), Renier Vree (CFO)|
|Services||Global Design & Consultancy firm for natural and built assets Consultancy|
|Revenue||€3.3 billion (2016)|
Number of employees
|Divisions||Arcadis Latin America, Arcadis UK, Arcadis US, RTKL Associates Inc|
Arcadis has over 350 offices, in forty countries.
Origins in the Netherlands
On 19 March 2017, Arcadis announced that its Supervisory Board has nominated Peter Oosterveer (59) as CEO and Chairman of the Arcadis Executive Board. Arcadis has grown via mergers and acquisitions since 1990, including the British firms AYH in June 2005, EC Harris in November 2011, and Hyder Consulting in October 2014.
Axtell Yates Hallett
Throughout this period, the firm grew steadily and broadened both its service base to include firstly project management and subsequently building surveying and facilities consultancy and its area of operation with the opening of regional and overseas offices in the United Kingdom. Following a period of retrenchment during the economic recession of the beginning of the 1990s, the firm was incorporated in February 1994.
In March 1999, the holding of the major shareholders was purchased by a team of existing senior managers, led by David Thompson, already a major shareholder himself. At the beginning of 2002, AYH restructured its operations from a skill and regional office based structure into fully integrated market sector groups.
Over a number of years, AYH developed a range of Occupational Services, which included facilities management, facilities consultancy, out sourcing of on site support and under the banner of m3, a full relocation management service. The firm was a privately owned public limited company, owned by both its employees and an employee share ownership trust. One of the firm's last projects was Arsenal F.C.'s Emirates Stadium.
In June 2005, AYH became a subsidiary of Arcadis NV and rebranded as Arcadis UK. The firm acquired Summerfield Robb Clark, a practice in Scotland, in April 2006. It also bought Berkeley Consulting, a practice specialising in infrastructure work, in August 2006.
Arcadis UK merged with EC Harris as on 2 November 2011, after a vote of EC Harris' 183 partners on 31 October 2011. In April 2012, the company acquired Langdon & Seah, an international construction consultancy company. In October 2014, the company acquired Hyder Consulting for £296 million.
David Miller, Steve Blake and Suthan Suthersan of Geraghty and Miller which headquartered in Long Island were instrumental in building the technical foundations to make Geraghty and Miller, which later became Arcadis North America.
- Sustainable Cities Index
- "Annual Report 2016". Arcadis. Archived from the original on 20 March 2017. Retrieved 21 March 2017.
- Narula, Rajneesh; van Hoesel, Roger (1999). Enterprises from the Netherlands. Routledge. ISBN 978-0415178501.
- "Arcadis boosted by acquisition spree". 22 October 2014. Retrieved 22 October 2014.
- "Arcadis UK: History". AYH. Retrieved 2 July 2018.
- "Happold Safe & Secure". Archived from the original on 2014-11-29.
- Arcadis to buy AYH Building, 3 June 2005
- AYH buys consultant Building, 13 April 2006
- Success Corporate Finance Archived April 26, 2012, at the Wayback Machine
- Wellman, Alex (2 November 2011). "EC Harris merger agreed". Inside Housing. Archived from the original on 29 October 2013. Retrieved 9 August 2012.
- "Arcadis buys Davis Langdon and Seah". Building. 11 April 2012. Retrieved 1 August 2017.
- "Arcadis completes £296m Hyder acquisition". Building. 17 October 2014. Retrieved 25 February 2019.
- "The Journey of an Engineer from Jaffna". SuthanSuthersan.com. December 24, 2016. Retrieved February 25, 2017.
- Sainsbury, Roger. "Eighth World Airports Conference, London City Airport - a new approach to city centre travel" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 20 December 2014. Retrieved 22 October 2014.
- "ARCADIS UK - Tunnelling and area development A2 motorway Maastricht".
- "ARCADIS UK - Brooklands Hotel".
- Sustainable Cities Index 2016 (PDF). Amsterdam: Arcadis NV. 2016. Retrieved 27 September 2016.