Archdeacon of Berkshire
The Archdeacon of Berkshire (also rendered Archdeacon of Berks) is a senior ecclesiastical officer in the Church of England Diocese of Oxford. The archdeacon is the head of the archdeaconry of Berkshire, a post historically found within the diocese of Salisbury, and then, from 7 October 1836, within Oxford diocese.
List of archdeacons
- Some archdeacons without territorial titles are recorded from around the time of the Norman Conquest; see Archdeacon of Salisbury.
- The London Gazette: . 7 October 1836. Retrieved 4 December 2012.
- "The Missing Diaries of the Venerable Alfred Pott BD (1822–1908), First Principal of Cuddesdon College and Archdeacon of Berkshire" (PDF). Retrieved 25 June 2012.
- "Church Times gazette". Church Times. 3 May 2013. p. 29. #7833.
- Church of the Good Shepherd, Cox Green – Newsletter, October 2013 p. 5 – Diary (Accessed 30 October 2013)
- Greenway, Diana E., Fasti Ecclesiae Anglicanae 1066–1300, 4, pp. 28–31
- Horn, Joyce M., Fasti Ecclesiae Anglicanae 1300–1541, 3, pp. 9–11
- Horn, Joyce M., Fasti Ecclesiae Anglicanae 1541–1857, 6, pp. 14–16
- Horn, Joyce M., Fasti Ecclesiae Anglicanae 1541–1857, 8, p. 86
- Account of Purley on Thames – Archdeacons (PDF) (accessed 4 December 2012)