Archdeacon of Bromley & Bexley
The Archdeacon of Bromley & Bexley is a senior ecclesiastical officer in charge of the Bromley & Bexley archdeaconry in the Church of England Diocese of Rochester. The archdeaconry was created – as the Archdeaconry of Bromley – by Order in Council on 4 January 1955.
List of archdeacons
- 1955–1966 (d.): Reginald McCahearty
- 1966–1968 (res.): David Halsey
- 1968–1969 (res.): David Stewart-Smith
- 1969–1978 (ret.): Herbert Cragg (afterwards archdeacons emeritus)
- 1979–1994 (ret.): Edward Francis (afterwards archdeacons emeritus)
- 1994–2003 (ret.): Garth Norman (afterwards archdeacons emeritus)
- The archdeaconry was renamed to Bromley & Bexley at some point during Norman's tenure.
- 2003–present: Paul Wright
- The London Gazette: . 4 January 1955. Retrieved 26 December 2012.