Princess Elisabetta of Belgium
|Hereditary Archduchess of Austria-Este|
9 September 1987|
|Issue||Archduchess Anna Astrid|
|House||Austria-Este (by marriage)|
|Father||Nob. Ettore Rosboch von Wolkenstein|
|Mother||Countess Lilia de Smecchia|
Princess Elisabetta of Belgium, Archduchess of Austria-Este (née Nob. Elisabetta Rosboch von Wolkenstein on 9 September 1987) is the wife of Prince Amedeo of Belgium, Archduke of Austria-Este.
Birth and family
Elisabetta was born in Rome on 9 September 1987, the only child of Italian film producer Nob. Ettore Rosboch von Wolkenstein (born in 1945) and his wife Countess Anna Maria "Lilia" de Smecchia, also a film producer.
Her godfather and uncle was the so-called "editor prince" Don Carlo Caracciolo, 9th Prince di Castagneto and 4th Duke di Melito, who, with Donna Marella Caracciolo di Castagneto, wife of Fiat tycoon Gianni Agnelli, are Ettore's half-siblings, all children of Don Filippo Caracciolo, 8th Prince di Castagneto, Elisabetta's grandfather.
Elisabetta's paternal grandmother, née Elisabeth von Jaworski (1915-1959) then by courtesy Jaworski von Wolkenstein, had been a widow for months of Italian Finance Undersecretary Nob. Ettore Bernardo Rosboch (19 Apr 1893 - 18 Aug 1944), when her son Ettore was born to Don Filippo (Carlo and Marella Caracciolo were born of his marriage to American heiress Margaret Clarke). In 2008 Don Carlo left Elisabetta and her father US$1 million in his will. Elisabetta's godmother is her aunt, Countess Muni Sassoli de' Bianchi, her mother's sister.
Through the Italian princely families of Caracciolo and Ruffo (to the latter of which Amedeo's maternal grandmother, Queen Paola, belongs by birth), Amedeo and Elisabetta both descend from Giuseppe Tiberio Ruffo, Count of Sinopoli (1627-1683), while through German princely dynasties their most recent common ancestor is Franz Albrecht I, Prince of Oettingen-Spielberg (1663-1737). Through her paternal grandmother, Elisabetta descends from Gustav I, King of Sweden.
Education and career
Elisabetta obtained her bac at Rome's Lycée Chateaubriand in Economics and Social Sciences in 2005. She then moved to London to study comparative literature and film at Queen Mary University of London. She received a bachelor of arts degree with upper-class honours from Queen Mary in May 2009.
Marriage and children
On 15 February 2014, the Belgian Royal Court announced the engagement of Elisabetta and Prince Amedeo.
The couple's wedding was celebrated on 5 July 2014 in Rome's Basilica Santa Maria in Trastevere, in the presence of the Royal Family of Belgium (with the exception of his great-aunt Queen Fabiola), as well as members of the cadet branches of the House of Habsburg, including the bridegroom's grandmother, Margherita of Savoy, Dowager Archduchess of Austria-Este, and members of other dynasties, including Princess Margaretha of Luxembourg and her husband Prince Nikolaus of Liechtenstein, Princess Beatrice of York and Jean-Christophe, Prince Napoléon. The couple were planning to relocate in Belgium after the wedding.
|Ancestors of Princess Elisabetta of Belgium|
- Colacello, Bob. Vanity Fair. Inheritance Italian Style. December 2009. Accessed 31 July 2014.
- Agnelli, Marella (2015). La Signora Gocà – 1ª ediz. Milano: Piccola Biblioteca Adelphi 674. pp. 234–235–236. ISBN 9788845930409.
- "Ettore Bernardo Rosboch". Chamber of Deputies, The Historic Portal  (in Italian)
- "Caracciolo". Genealogisches Handbuch des Adels: Furstliche Hauser Band III. Glücksburg/Ostsee: C. A. Starke Verlag. 1955. pp. 297, 302–303, 309.
- "Haus Österreich". Genealogisches Handbuch des Adels: Furstliche Hauser Band XVI. Limburg an der Lahn: C. A. Starke Verlag. 2001. pp. 87, 90–91, 524, 529. ISBN 3-7980-0824-8.
- "di Somma". Genealogisches Handbuch des Adels: Furstliche Hauser Band IV. Glücksburg/Ostsee: C. A. Starke Verlag. 1956. p. 508.
- Huberty, Michel; Giraud, Alain; Magdelaine, F. and B. (1988). ’’L'Allemagne Dynastique, Tome V – Hohenzollern-Waldeck’’. France: Laballery. pp. 97, 116–117, 138, 155–156, 73, 84, 108–109, 144. ISBN 2-901138-04-7.
- "Why European Royalty and Aristocrats are flocking to New York".
-  Announcement of the engagement.
- Broadcast "Place Royale", RTL-TVI, Facebook info
- Prins Amedeo en Lili trouwen in de zon
- Villa, Elisabetta. Getty Images. Wedding of Prince Amedeo of Belgium and Elisabetta Maria Rosboch von Wolkenstein. Getty Images Entertainment. Retrieved 31 July 2014.
- Twitter Belgian Royal Palace Birth Announcement
- Twitter Belgian Royal Palace Announcement Specifics of Birth
- Announcement of Anna Astrid's name
- Binder-Krieglstein, Reinhard (2000). Österreichisches Adelsrecht 1868-1918/1919. Frankfurt am Main: Peter-Lang-Verlagsgruppe. pp. 242–265.