Archduchess Maria Anna of Austria (1882–1940)
|Archduchess Maria Anna|
|Princess Maria Anna of Bourbon-Parma|
6 January 1882|
Linz, Upper Austria, Austria–Hungary
|Died||25 February 1940
Lausanne, Vaud, Switzerland
|Spouse||Elias, Duke of Parma|
Princess Maria Francesca
Robert Hugo, Duke of Parma
Infanta Alicia, Duchess of Calabria
Princess Maria Cristina
|Father||Archduke Friedrich, Duke of Teschen|
|Mother||Princess Isabella of Croÿ|
Archduchess Maria Anna Isabelle Epiphanie Eugenie Gabriele of Austria, full German name: Maria Anna Isabelle Epiphanie Eugenie Gabriele, Erzherzogin von Österreich (6 January 1882, Linz, Upper Austria, Austria–Hungary – 25 February 1940, Lausanne, Vaud, Switzerland) was a member of the Teschen branch of the House of Habsburg-Lorraine and an Archduchess of Austria and Princess of Bohemia, Hungary, and Tuscany by birth. Through her marriage to Prince Elias of Bourbon-Parma (later Duke of Parma), Maria Anna was also a member of the House of Bourbon-Parma and a Princess of Bourbon-Parma.
Marriage and issue
Maria Anna married Prince Elias of Bourbon-Parma, the eldest son of Robert I, Duke of Parma and his first wife Princess Maria Pia of Bourbon-Two Sicilies, on 25 May 1903 in Vienna. Maria Anna and Elias had eight children:
- Princess Elisabetta (17 March 1904 – 13 June 1983); she died unmarried.
- Prince Carlo (22 September 1905 – 26 September 1912); he died of poliomyelitis.
- Princess Maria Francesca (5 September 1906 – 1994); she died unmarried.
- Robert II, Duke of Parma (7 August 1909 – 25 November 1974); he died unmarried.
- Prince Francesco (14 June 1913 – 29 May 1959); he died unmarried.
- Princess Giovanna (8 July 1916 – 1 November 1949); she never married and was killed in a shooting accident in La Toledana, Spain.
- Princess Alicia (born 13 November 1917); she married Infante Alfonso, Duke of Calabria.
- Princess Maria Cristina (7 June 1925 – 1 September 2009); she died unmarried.
Titles, styles, honours and arms
Titles and styles
- 6 January 1882 – 25 May 1903: Her Imperial and Royal Highness Princess Imperial and Archduchess Maria Anna of Austria, Princess Royal of Hungary and Bohemia
- 25 May 1903 – 25 February 1940: Her Imperial and Royal Highness Princess Maria Anna of Bourbon-Parma, Archduchess and Princess Imperial of Austria, Princess Royal of Hungary and Bohemia
|Ancestors of Archduchess Maria Anna of Austria (1882–1940)|