Archduke Hubert Salvator of Austria
|Archduke Hubert Salvator|
|Born||30 April 1894|
Schloss Lichtenegg, Wels, Upper Austria, Austria–Hungary
|Died||24 March 1971 (aged 76)|
Schloss Persenbeug, Persenbeug-Gottsdorf, Lower Austria, Austria
|Spouse||Princess Rosemary of Salm-Salm|
|Issue||Archduke Friedrich Salvator|
Agnes Christina, Princess Karl Alfred of Liechtenstein
Archduchess Maria Margaretha
Archduchess Maria Ludovica
Archduchess Maria Adelheid
Elisabeth, Princess Heinrich of Auersperg-Breunner
Archduke Andreas Salvator
Josepha, Countess Clemens von Waldstein
Valerie, Margravine of Baden
Maria Alberta, Baroness Alexander von Kottwitz-Erody
Archduke Markus Emanuel Salvator
Archduke Johann Maximilian Salvator
Archduke Michael Salvator
|Father||Archduke Franz Salvator of Austria, Prince of Tuscany|
|Mother||Archduchess Marie Valerie of Austria|
Archduke Hubert Salvator of Austria, Prince of Tuscany (German: Hubert Salvator Rainer Maria Joseph Ignatius, Erzherzog von Österreich, Prinz von Toskana; 30 April 1894 in Schloss Lichtenegg, Wels, Upper Austria, Austria–Hungary – 24 March 1971 in Schloss Persenbeug, Persenbeug-Gottsdorf, Lower Austria, Austria) was a member of the Tuscan line of the House of Habsburg and Archduke of Austria, Prince of Tuscany by birth.
Salvator was the third child and second-eldest son of Archduke Franz Salvator of Austria, Prince of Tuscany and his wife Archduchess Marie Valerie of Austria. Through his mother, Hubert Salvator was a grandson of Franz Joseph I of Austria, and through his father, he was a great-grandson of Leopold II, Grand Duke of Tuscany.
Marriage and issue
Hubert Salvator married Princess Rosemary of Salm-Salm, second eldest child and daughter of Emanuel Alfred, Hereditary Prince of Salm-Salm and his wife Archduchess Maria Christina of Austria, on 25 November 1926 civilly in Anholt and religiously on 26 November 1926. Hubert Salvator and Rosemary had thirteen children together:
- Archduke Friedrich Salvator of Austria (27 November 1927 – 26 March 1999) married Countess Margarethe Kalnoky de Korospatak
- Archduke Leopold Salvator of Austria (16 October 1956)
- Archduchess Marie Bernadette of Austria (10 February 1958) married Rupert Wolff and has issue
- Archduke Alexander Salvator of Austria (12 April 1959) married Countess Marie Gabriele von Waldstein on 5 June 1993
- Archduchess Annabella of Austria (5 September 1997)
- Archduchess Tara of Austria (6 February 2000)
- Archduke Constantin of Austria (4 January 2002)
- Archduke Paul Salvator (4 November 2003)
- Archduchess Katharina of Austria (1 November 1960) married Niall Brooks on 9 April 1988 and has issue.
- Archduchess Agnes Christina of Austria (14 December 1928 – 31 August 2007)
- Archduchess Maria Margaretha of Austria (born 29 January 1930)
- Archduchess Maria Ludovica of Austria (31 January 1931 – 17 April 1999)
- Archduchess Maria Adelheid of Austria (born 28 July 1933)
- Archduchess Elisabeth Mathilde of Austria (18 March 1935 – 9 October 1998) married Prince Heinrich of Auersperg-Breunner and has issue.
- Archduke Andreas Salvator of Austria (28 April 1936) married to Maria de la Piedad Espinosa de los Monteros y Rosillo on 22 April 1936 and later divorced with no issue. Married secondly to Countess Valerie Podstatzky-Liechtenstein with issue.
- Archduke Thadaus Salvator of Austria (30 March 2001)
- Archduke Casimir Salvator of Austria (27 July 2003)
- Archduchess Alicia of Austria (15 February 2005)
- Archduchess Josepha Hedwig of Austria (2 September 1937) married Count Clemens von Waldstein with issue.
- Archduchess Valerie Isabella of Austria (23 May 1941)
- Archduchess Maria Alberta of Austria (June 1944) married Baron Alexander von Kottwitz-Erody with issue.
- Archduke Markus Emanuel Salvator of Austria (2 April 1946)
- Archduke Johann Maximilian of Austria (18 September 1947) married Annemarie Stummer
- Countess Caroline von Habsburg (12 February 1978-10 March 2007) died before being upgrade to Archduchess of Austria.
- Archduchess Stephanie of Austria (10 July 1979) married Nikolaus von Halgbebauer with issue.
- Archduchess Isabella of Austria (3 November 1981)
- Archduke Michael Salvator of Austria (born 2 May 1949) married Eva Antonia von Hofmann
- Archduchess Maria Christina of Austria (9 November 1997)
Titles, styles, honours and arms
Titles and styles
- 30 April 1894 – 24 March 1971: His Imperial and Royal Highness Archduke Hubert Salvator of Austria, Prince of Tuscany