Archduke Hubert Salvator of Austria
|Archduke Hubert Salvator|
|Born||30 April 1894|
Schloss Lichtenegg, Wels, Upper Austria, Austria–Hungary
|Died||24 March 1971 (aged 76)|
Schloss Persenbeug, Persenbeug-Gottsdorf, Lower Austria, Austria
|Spouse||Princess Rosemary of Salm-Salm|
|Issue||Archduke Friedrich Salvator|
Archduchess Agnes Christina
Archduchess Maria Margaretha
Archduchess Maria Ludovica
Archduchess Maria Adelheid
Archduchess Elisabeth Mathilde
Archduke Andreas Salvator
Archduchess Josepha Hedwig
Archduchess Valerie Isabella
Archduchess Maria Alberta
Archduke Markus Emanuel Salvator
Archduke Johann Maximilian Salvator
Archduke Michael Salvator
|Father||Franz Salvator of Austria-Tuscany|
|Mother||Marie Valerie of Austria|
Archduke Hubert Salvator of Austria (German: Hubert Salvator Rainer Maria Joseph Ignatius, Erzherzog von Österreich, Prinz von Toskana; 30 April 1894 in Schloss Lichtenegg, Wels, Upper Austria, Austria–Hungary – 24 March 1971 in Schloss Persenbeug, Persenbeug-Gottsdorf, Lower Austria, Austria) was a member of the Tuscan line of the House of Habsburg and Archduke of Austria, Prince of Tuscany by birth.
Salvator was the third child and second-eldest son of Archduke Franz Salvator of Austria and his wife Archduchess Marie Valerie of Austria. Through his mother, Hubert Salvator was a grandson of Franz Joseph I of Austria and his wife Elisabeth of Bavaria.
Marriage and issue
Hubert Salvator married Princess Rosemary of Salm-Salm, second eldest child and daughter of Emanuel Alfred, Hereditary Prince of Salm-Salm and his wife Archduchess Maria Christina of Austria, on 25 November 1926 civilly in Anholt and religiously on 26 November 1926. Hubert Salvator and Rosemary had thirteen children together:
- Archduke Friedrich Salvator of Austria (27 November 1927 – 26 March 1999) married Countess Margarethe Kalnoky de Korospatak
- Archduke Leopold Salvator of Austria (16 October 1956)
- Archduchess Marie Bernadette of Austria (10 February 1958) married Rupert Wolff and has issue
- Archduke Alexander Salvator of Austria (12 April 1959) married Countess Marie Gabriele von Waldstein on 5 June 1993
- Archduchess Annabella of Austria (5 September 1997)
- Archduchess Tara of Austria (6 February 2000)
- Archduke Constantin of Austria (4 January 2002)
- Archduke Paul Salvator (4 November 2003)
- Archduchess Katharina of Austria (1 November 1960) married Niall Brooks on 9 April 1988 and has issue.
- Archduchess Agnes Christina of Austria (14 December 1928 – 31 August 2007)
- Archduchess Maria Margaretha of Austria (born 29 January 1930)
- Archduchess Maria Ludovica of Austria (31 January 1931 – 17 April 1999)
- Archduchess Maria Adelheid of Austria (born 28 July 1933)
- Archduchess Elisabeth Mathilde of Austria (18 March 1935 – 9 October 1998) married Prince Heinrich of Auersperg-Breunner and has issue.
- Archduke Andreas Salvator of Austria (28 April 1936) married to Maria de la Piedad Espinosa de los Monteros y Rosillo on 22 April 1936 and later divorced with no issue. Married secondly to Countess Valerie Podstatzky-Liechtenstein with issue.
- Archduke Thadaus Salvator of Austria (30 March 2001)
- Archduke Casimir Salvator of Austria (27 July 2003)
- Archduchess Alicia of Austria (15 February 2005)
- Archduchess Josepha Hedwig of Austria (2 September 1937) married Count Clemens von Waldstein with issue.
- Archduchess Valerie Isabella of Austria (23 May 1941)
- Archduchess Maria Alberta of Austria (June 1944) married Baron Alexander von Kottwitz-Erody with issue.
- Archduke Markus Emanuel Salvator of Austria (2 April 1946)
- Archduke Johann Maximilian of Austria (18 September 1947) married Annemarie Stummer
- Countess Caroline von Habsburg (12 February 1978-10 March 2007) died before being upgrade to Archduchess of Austria.
- Archduchess Stephanie of Austria (10 July 1979) married Nikolaus von Halgbebauer with issue.
- Archduchess Isabella of Austria (3 November 1981)
- Archduke Michael Salvator of Austria (born 2 May 1949) married Eva Antonia von Hofmann
- Archduchess Maria Christina of Austria (9 November 1997)
Titles, styles, honours and arms
Titles and styles
- 30 April 1894 – 24 March 1971: His Imperial and Royal Highness Archduke Hubert Salvator of Austria, Prince of Tuscany