Archduke Simeon of Austria
|Archduke of Austria|
29 June 1958 |
Katana, South Kivu, Belgian Congo
|Spouse||Princess María of Bourbon-Two Sicilies (m. 1996)|
|Father||Archduke Rudolf of Austria|
|Mother||Countess Xenia Czernichev-Besobrasov|
Archduke Simeon Carl Eugen Joseph Leopold of Austria (born 29 June 1958 in Katana, South Kivu, Belgian Congo) is a member of the House of Habsburg. Simeon is the third-eldest child of Archduke Rudolf of Austria and his first wife Countess Xenia Czernichev-Besobrasov. Simeon is a paternal grandson of Charles I of Austria and Zita of Bourbon-Parma.
Marriage and issue
Simeon married Princess María of Bourbon-Two Sicilies, second-eldest daughter of Infante Carlos, Duke of Calabria and his wife Princess Anne of Orléans, on 13 July 1996 in La Toledana, Spain. The couple has five children:
- Archduke Johannes Rudolf Antonio Maria of Austria (born 29 October 1997 in Hohenems, Vorarlberg, Austria)
- Archduke Ludwig Christian Fransikus Maria of Austria (born 16 November 1998 in Grabs, St. Gallen, Switzerland)
- Archduchess Isabelle Rocio Maravillas Lourdes of Austria (born 14 September 2000 in Grabs, St. Gallen, Switzerland)
- Archduchess Carlotta Adelaïde Teresa Maria of Austria (born 16 January 2003 in Grabs, St. Gallen, Switzerland)
- Archduke Philipp Jozef Christian Maria of Austria (born 15 January 2007 in Grabs, St. Gallen, Switzerland)
Archduke Simeon is a godfather to Archduke Imre of Austria, son of his cousin Archduke Carl Christian of Austria. His goddaughter is Princess Ladislaya von Auersperg-Trautson, daughter of his cousin Archduchess Maria Constanza of Austria.
Titles, styles, honours and arms
Titles and styles
|Ancestors of Archduke Simeon of Austria|
- Darryl Lundy (20 March 2007). "Simeon Karl Eugen Josef Leopold Erzherzog von Österreich". thePeerage.com. Retrieved 2008-11-02. External link in
- Paul Theroff. "AUSTRIA: House of Habsburg-Lothringen". Paul Theroff's Royal Genealogy Site. Retrieved 2008-11-02.
- de Badts de Cugnac, Chantal. Coutant de Saisseval, Guy. Le Petit Gotha’’. Nouvelle Imprimerie Laballery, Paris 2002, p. 172-174, 196-197, 404 (French) ISBN 2-9507974-3-1
- Genealogisches Handbuch des Adels, Fürstliche Häuser XV. "Spanien". C.A. Starke Verlag, 1997, pp. 104-105. (German) ISBN 3-7980-0814-0.