Archer City Independent School District
|Archer City Independent School District|
|600 S Ash|
Archer City, Texas
|Type||Public Independent school district|
|Grades||EE through 12|
|NCES District ID||4808610|
|Students and staff|
|Teachers||51.12 (2011-12) (on full-time equivalent (FTE) basis)|
|Student-teacher ratio||9.76 (2011-12)|
|Athletic conference||UIL Class 1A Football Division I|
|Colors||Vegas Gold, Black, White|
|TEA District Accountability Rating for 2011-12||Recognized|
|Website||Archer City ISD|
Archer City Independent School District is a public school district based in Archer City, Texas (USA). Archer City serves much of Archer County, including the city of Archer City and most of the city of Scotland.
As of the 2010-2011 school year, the appraised valuation of property in the district was $174,509,000. The maintenance tax rate was $0.102 and the bond tax rate was $0.008 per $100 of appraised valuation.
In 2011, the school district was rated "recognized" by the Texas Education Agency. Thirty-five percent of districts in Texas in 2011 received the same rating. No state accountability ratings will be given to districts in 2012. A school district in Texas can receive one of four possible rankings from the Texas Education Agency: Exemplary (the highest possible ranking), Recognized, Academically Acceptable, and Academically Unacceptable (the lowest possible ranking).
Historical district TEA accountability ratings
- 2011: Recognized
- 2010: Recognized
- 2009: Recognized
- 2008: Recognized
- 2007: Recognized
- 2006: Recognized
- 2005: Recognized
- 2004: Recognized
In the 2012-2013 school year, the district had students in two schools.
Archer City High School participates in the boys sports of baseball, basketball, and football. The school participates in the girls sports of basketball, softball, and volleyball. For the 2012 through 2014 school years, Archer City High School will play football in UIL Class 2A Division II.
- Texas School Directory 2013-14 (PDF). Austin, Texas: Texas Education Agency. February 2014. p. 45. Retrieved 14 December 2014.
- "Search for Public School Districts – District Detail for Archer City ISD". National Center for Education Statistics. Institute of Education Sciences. Retrieved 14 December 2014.
- "UIL Alignments". University Interscholastic League. Retrieved 16 July 2012.
- "Archer City High School". CBS Interactive. Retrieved 16 July 2012.
- "Texas Accountability System District Ratings for 2004 through 2011". Texas Education Agency. Archived from the original on 2 July 2012. Retrieved 16 July 2012.
- "Texas Accountability System Summary of Ratings for 2004 through 2011(as of November 2, 2011) District Ratings by Rating Category (including Charter Operators)". Texas Education Agency. Archived from the original on 7 August 2012. Retrieved 11 August 2012.
- "Accountability Rating System for Texas Public Schools and Districts". Texas Education Agency. Archived from the original on 24 August 2012. Retrieved 11 August 2012.
|This article about a school district in Texas is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|