Archibald the Koala
|Archibald the Koala|
|Created by||Paul Cox|
|Directed by||Claude Allix|
|Starring||Richard Griffiths as Archibald|
Keith Wickham (English version)
|Country of origin||France|
|No. of episodes||52|
|Producer(s)||Milliages, Hit Entertainment, Canal J|
|Running time||13 minutes per episode (approx.)|
|Original network||ITV, CITV and Tiny Pop (UK)|
Cartoon Network and PBS Kids Sprout (USA)
ABC, ABC2, Nickelodeon and Nick Jr. (Australia)
Tokyo MX (Japan)
Rede Manchete (Brazil)
TVO, BBC Kids, Treehouse TV, X-TV, YTV (Canada)
RTL, ZDF and ZDF Enterprises (Germany)
France 3 (France)
Arutz HaYeladim (Israel)
Rai 2, Rai 3 (Italy)
RTM2, Astro Ceria (Malaysia)
Azteca 7, Azteca 13, Proyecto 40 (Mexico)
TVNZ 2 (New Zealand)
YLE TV2 (Finland)
Kids Central (Singapore)
SABC 2 (South Africa)
UBC Kids (Thailand)
ATV (Hong Kong)
BFBS (Germany, Belize, Bosnia, Falkland Islands and Gibraltar)
Fun Channel (The Middle East)
|Original release||4 September 1998 –|
21 July 2000
Archibald the Koala is an animated children's television series produced by Millimages in association with HiT Entertainment. The show began in 1998 and starting airing on ITV on its children's block CITV. It was based on the books written by Paul Cox. The show was made in both French and English versions.
This series is set on a secluded island called Rastepappe that is populated by Koalas and Badgers. Its city Koalaville is filled with various strange characters including a nervous mayor, a hopeless inventor, a lazy fisherman, a short-tempered chef and a bossy painter. The stress of the mayor's job causes him to have trouble with migraines, or "meeegranes" as he pronounces it.
There are always strange things going on, so Archibald, the trustworthy detective, is put on the job!
- Archibald the detective — the detective and main character. Voiced by Richard Griffiths.
- Agatha — a novel writer and Archibald's wife. Voiced by Adrienne Posta.
- Archduke — the mayor of the town. Voiced by Keith Wickham.
- Jozette — Archduke's wife. Voiced by Adrienne Posta.
- Giovanni — an opera singer. Voiced by Bob Saker.
- John Dory — a fisherman and Iris Dory's husband. Voiced by Bob Saker.
- Iris Dory — a florist and John Dory's wife. Voiced by Kate Robbins.
- Edison — an inventor. Voiced by Keith Wickham.
- Marie — an architect and painter. Voiced by Kate Robbins.
- Sullivan — a printer, journalist and Gazette's husband. Voiced by Dan Russell.
- Gazette — Sullivan's wife. Voiced by Kate Robbins.
- Soufflé — the island's chef. Voiced by Dan Russell.
- Miss Julie — school teacher and astrologer. Voiced by Adrienne Posta.
There is a population of approximately 500 other civilians on Rastepappe.
- 1. The Dragon
- 2. The Meteorite
- 3. The Rugby-Basket Mystery
- 4. A Hazardous Fishing Contest
- 5. The Missing Boat
- 6. The Heatwave
- 7. Archduke's Statue
- 8. The Haunted House
- 9. A Star is Born
- 10. The Brass Band
- 11. Archduke's Anmesia
- 12. Strange Vibrations
- 13. The New Restaurant
- 14. A Hapless Birthday
- 15. Read about Tomorrow, Today
- 16. The Flower And The Magician
- 17. What's White and White and Read All Over?
- 18. The Invasion
- 19. The Fire Fighters
- 20. The Mystery of the Floating Island
- 21. Great Renovations
- 22. Archduke's Cockatoo
- 23. Lighthouse of Rastepappe
- 24. The Overworked Printer
- 25. The Snow Cannon
- 26. The Flower Thief
- 27. Whale Song
- 28. The Very Greedy Sleepwalker
- 29. The World of Giants
- 30. Edison's Clock
- 31. The Sea Monster
- 32. The Treasure Hunt
- 33. Ultra-Modern Town Hall
- 34. Stop That Train!
- 35. A Mysterious Rescuer
- 36. The Messenger
- 37. The Dynamic Dynamo
- 38. The Big Show
- 39. The Lucky Charm
- 40. The Misunderstanding
- 41. The Umbrellas of Rastepappe
- 42. The Big Twister
- 43. The Machine from the Sky
- 44. The Fake Necklace
- 45. Pizza Gazette
- 46. The Ambulance
- 47. The Musical Extravaganza
- 48. A Detective Goes Camping
- 49. Edison's Trophy
- 50. The Giant Mole
- 51. The Waxworks of Rastepappe
- 52. Archibald's Holiday
There is a volume for each season (1-6)