Archie's Final Project
|Archie's Final Project|
Promotional film poster
|Directed by||David Lee Miller|
David Lee Miller
Eric J. Adams
David Lee Miller|
Eric J. Adams
|Music by||Tim Kasher|
Jordan J. Miller
Archie's Final Project is a teen comedy-drama film directed by David Lee Miller and starring Gabriel Sunday. It won the best feature film prize for the 2009 Berlin International Film Festival's youth film section Generation 14plus. It saw limited release in Los Angeles, New York City and Santa Fe, New Mexico in September 2011 (having been changed from its original title, My Suicide) and was released on DVD December 6.
This section needs additional citations for verification. (May 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Socially inept media geek Archie Williams becomes the most visible kid in school when he announces he's going to kill himself on camera for his final video class project.
- Gabriel Sunday as Archie Holden Buster Williams
- Brooke Nevin as Sierra Silver
- David Carradine as Jesse Gabriel Vargas
- Mariel Hemingway as Charlotte Silver
- Nora Dunn as Gretchen Williams
- Joe Mantegna as Dr. Gafur Chandrasakar
- Michael Welch as Earl
- Zachary Ray Sherman as Corey
- Vanessa Lengies as Mallory
- Tony Hale as Social Worker
- Sandy Martin as Mrs. Ellis
- Tim Halligan as Mr. Silver
- Kurtis Bedford as Mr. Bedford
- Steven Anthony Lawrence as Brainiac
- Stephen Sowan as Stoner
- Ernie Garrett as P.E. Teacher
I Am an Archie
I Am an Archie is a social media marketing campaign aiming to promote teen suicide awareness. After attending an early screening of Archie's Final Project, a Miami teenager created a video in which he identified as an Archie. Since then, thousands of teens have identified themselves as Archies.
When asked why the campaign resonated so well with teens, Gabriel Sunday said "I think the reason this whole IAmAnArchie campaign started is because kids in the festival circuit would be like, “Oh, that’s me. Archie is me.” There are so many ways you can connect with that character and kids always connect with him, no matter what place or what country they’re in. They feel that sh** that he’s going through, and they’re living it. So they started giving that feedback and saying "I’m an Archie because I’m depressed and I hate my family, or I’m creative and I love making art but people don’t understand it." I’ve been connected to the issue of suicide for six or seven years, and I know that what kids need to hear more than anything is that they’re not alone. That ended up being our message with IAmAnArchie: “Yeah, I’m scared, I’m depressed, I’m obsessed, I’m whatever, but I’m also an Archie because there’s a million Archies and they’re all going through crazy s***.”
- Crystal Bear Best Picture Generation 14plus — Berlin International Film Festival 2009
- Grand Jury Award for Best Feature — GenArt Film Festival 2009
- Audience Award for Best Feature — GenArt Film Festival 2009
- Jury Grand Prix for Best Picture — Giffoni Film Festival 2009
- Special Jury Grand Prix, Golden Gryphon for Best Picture — Giffoni Film Festival 2009
- Audience Award for Best Picture — Giffoni Film Festival 2009
- MyMovies Award for Best Picture — Giffoni Film Festival 2009
- Outstanding Achievement in Filmmaking — Newport Beach Film Festival 2009
- Youth Jury Award for Best FutureWave Feature — Seattle International Film Festival 2009
- Grand Jury Prize for Best Dramatic Feature — Edmonton International Film Festival 2009
- Peoples Choice Award for Best Feature Film — Edmonton International Film Festival 2009
- Best Film — Buster International Film Festival 2009
- Jury Award for Best International Feature — Raindance Film Festival 2009
- The Camerio International Jury Award for Best Feature Film — Carrousel international du film de Rimouski 2009
- Grand Youth Jury Award for Best Feature Film — Exground Filmfest, Weisbaden, Germany 2009
- Best Editing (Gabriel Sunday) — Downtown LA Film Festival 2009
- Roxborough, Scott (February 13, 2009). "My Suicide a standout in Berlin's Generation". Hollywood Reporter. Archived from the original on January 25, 2013. Retrieved 2009-02-13.
- "Gabriel Sunday: 'Archie's Final Project' Star Talks Teen Suicide". Huffingtonpost.com. 2011-10-06. Retrieved 2012-09-03.
- "Adrian Grenier #IAmAnArchie". YouTube.com. 2011-10-06. Retrieved 2012-09-03.
- "| Berlinale | Archive | Annual Archives | 2009 | Prize Winners". Berlinale.de. Retrieved 2013-05-17.
- [dead link]
- [dead link]
- Vivarelli, Nick (2009-07-27). "'My Suicide' wins at Giffoni festival". Variety.
- "Newport Beach Film Festival 2009 Awards". Newportbeachfilmfest.com. Archived from the original on 2013-01-16. Retrieved 2013-05-17.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2009-07-26. Retrieved 2010-05-01.
- Wall, Carmen (2009-09-18). "Film festival goes retro | Metro". Metronews.ca. Archived from the original on 2012-02-29. Retrieved 2013-05-17.
- "Raindance 17th Film Festival 2009". Raindance.co.uk. Retrieved 2013-05-17.
- "Festival international de Cinéma Jeunesse de Rimouski". Festivalcinemarimouski.com. Archived from the original on 2012-03-02. Retrieved 2013-05-17.
- "exground.com". exground.com. Retrieved 2013-05-17.
- "2009 Downtown Film Festival-L.A Wraps With West Coast Premiere of 'Jackson 5 In Africa'". SHOOTonline. 2009-08-25. Retrieved 2013-05-17.