|Key architects||Robert Verrijt
|Significant works and honors|
|Projects||House on a Stream, Alibag
Himalayan Biodiversity Training Institute, Sikkim
Sikkim Butterfly Reserve
Laureus Learning Pavilion
the Riparian House, Karjat
Architecture Brio is an Indian design studio set up in Mumbai in 2006. The team of architects is led by Shefali Balwani (Center for Environmental Planning and Technology, India) and Robert Verrijt (Technical University Delft, the Netherlands).
Architecture BRIO is a design studio focusing primarily on the fields of architecture, interior and sustainable design. Their first commission was a clubhouse in a dense suburban neighborhood of Mumbai. Herafter a series of other commissions followed such as private houses, institutional and hospitality projects. The work of Architecture BRIO is characterized by a conceptual approach towards understanding and reinterpreting the specific context in which it is located. The design proposal for a Dormitory at the Magic Bus Campus received critically acclaim and was featured in the publication Architecture of Change 2
Architecture Brio has been the recipient of several prestigious awards. Robert Verrijt was awarded the second prize in the Dutch Archiprix 2004  for his design of an Asylum Seekers Centre in Maastricht. Together with Floris Cornelisse he won the first prize for the entry Triade in the Europan 8 Competition 2005. Besides this he has been awarded thrice a grant from The Netherlands Foundation for Visual Arts, Design and Architecture. The project House on a Stream which was completed in 2013 won the award for the best residential design at the NDTV Design and Architecture of the Year Awards 2013, the Trends Excellence Awards 2014, and the JKC Architecture of the Year Award 2014. The studio was selected amongst the AD50, the Architectural Digest India list of the most influential designers in India. In 2014 the practice won the award for Best Practice in India at the Trends Excellence Awards 2014.
- Architecture BRIO website
- Europan 8 Competition 2005
- Unorthodocks Competition 2006[permanent dead link]
- Interview with Robert Verrijt in Architecture + Design
- Sustainable Dormitory Building by Architecture BRIO
- Laureus Learning Pavilion at the Magic Bus Centre, India
- House on a Stream, Alibag, India
- The Riparian House, Karjat, India
- Inhabitat Article on Architecture BRIO's sustainable design
- Architecture of Change 2, Sustainability and Humanity in the Built Environment [permanent dead link]
- Dutch Archiprix 2004
- The Netherlands Foundation for Visual Arts, Design and Architecture, FBKVB "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2010-03-09. Retrieved 2008-12-13.